The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

Requesting Character Load

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Been stuck on this for five minutes, killed client, started it up again, no dice.

Get to char select fine, push play, stuck infinitely.
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone.

I imagine the character servers are pretty busy. If it goes longer than 20 minutes I'll will be concerned.
    Edited by danno8 on 27 January 2015 22:18
    Options
  • jra5658_ESO
    I've been waiting for longer than 20 min now. Submitted a ticket, but still no reply or log in just yet.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to create a new template and log in no problem, but my V14 Templar (who happens to be in Cyrodil ATM)... no dice.

Also not my V4 nightblade in Malabal Tor.

3/5 can log in.
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to transferred characters who were in Cyrodil. It wont load them
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys - what zone are you trying to load into? Also, do you still have issues if you create an entirely new character?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, this is happening to transferred characters that were in cyrodil. The game is trying to load us back into cyrodil, but the campaign isnt active on the test server and therefore the game gets stuck loading you forever. This was an issue on all previous PTS as well. Whenever a campaign in cyrodil is closed on the PTS, the game just tries to load forever.

Because of this bug, and the fact that the vr14 templates are only level 1 in every skill and have no morphs, I cant even test 1.6
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on 27 January 2015 22:47
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • DarthRupert
    DarthRupert
    ✭✭✭
    Im currently dealing with this same problem on 1of 8 chars. The particular char is in Cyrodiil and holds most of my extra armor and weapons.
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quick fix to this is to open all cyrodil campaigns on the PTS
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Same it's all the character in cyrodil my other toons log in just fine
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
    Options
  • jra5658_ESO
    Yes, I'm in Cyrodil as well. Also, Gina, you're awesome, and I can't wait to share pictures from my ESO themed wedding with you guys before the next live show!
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not get tunnel vision though. My VR4 NB has only been to Cyro once for the skill points 2 weeks ago. He is currently planted in Malabal Tor somewhere, and that is reflected on the character screen.
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I have two toons in Haderus campaign of Cyrodiil, both AD. Both are stuck this way.

EDIT: will keep my v14 on perma-load until I get logged off for inactivity.
    Edited by glak on 27 January 2015 23:23
    Options
  • Sykosally
    Sykosally
    Soul Shriven
    I have a different problem, on EU server just prior to patch all my toons were there, now i see only the two test toons I have from the us server. I have changed and loaded pts to be both EU and US but only US toons appear on both. Also have the cyrodil bug but can create new toons.
    Options
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here. How do I create a template? I've only been able to create a level 1 character.
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When creating a character, on the top left there is a drop down menu to select a vr14 template, but be warned, no morphs are learned.
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    XEVENEX wrote: »
    Same thing here. How do I create a template? I've only been able to create a level 1 character.
    How to Use Templates

Available Templates
    Edited by glak on 27 January 2015 23:38
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your patience, guys! We've identified a fix for this - could everyone please log completely out and try loading in now?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • AltDeLeet
    AltDeLeet
    ✭✭
    A few minutes and counting and still no luck loading a character from Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adamanteum wrote: »
    A few minutes and counting and still no luck loading a character from Cyrodiil.

same.
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by logging out you mean quitting the client, then restarting the game and trying to load in again with the character who is stuck in an inactive cyrodil campaign on the PTS: I just tried that and am still stuck in a requesting character load screen forever.

I believe the character was in the Haderus campaign on the NA server when it was copied to the PTS.
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on 28 January 2015 00:24
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I don't seem to be able to log into any of my non-vet characters.
    Options
  • acortner_ESO
    acortner_ESO
    ✭✭
    I've tried multiple toons, one in Rivenspire, one in Al'akir and both get stuck.

Also, when I was online earlier my Rivenspire character could not wayshrine to Malabal Tor (v3 area) without getting infinite load screen. ALT F4'd and got the Requesting Character Load.
    Options
  • Sleipnirs
    Sleipnirs
    Soul Shriven
    Hello. Before the PTS got patched, I was able to log and get to the character page. There was my V7 NB but I couldn't log with it because of the error 325 "you don't have the permission to log on this world" or something. He was at the dragonstar arena.

Now, the V7 NB has totally disapeard! I was able to create a new toon but there's no way for me to test correctly by doing so. Is it normal?

(sorry for my english)
    Edited by Sleipnirs on 28 January 2015 00:29
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • AltDeLeet
    AltDeLeet
    ✭✭
    I was just able to successfully load a character from Cyrodiil. Good work!
    Options
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix seems to have worked now
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We've made a few additional tweaks. For anyone who is still stuck loading, could you please try logging completely out of the game one more time and see if you're fixed?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be somewhat random.

None of mine were in Cyrodiil, Characters that I couldn't load before in various areas can now load but now I have one that could load before that is not loading -- a new level 4 in Vulkhel Guard.

This level 4 was doing fine until I assigned CPs. On getting out of CP interface, it logged me out to character select and I haven't been able to load it back into the game since.
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your patience, guys! We've identified a fix for this - could everyone please log completely out and try loading in now?

Still happening for me, character attempting to load into AD Auridon on non-vet toon, vet toons are able to enter.
    Options