The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

Requesting Character Load

• Thargs
    Thargs
    Having the same issue after trying to log in for the first time(after instaling the game, took me almost 12 hours to instal it), can I please get some help? been over 1hours I try to load in the game
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Mujuro and @Thargs, could you two please try exiting completely out of the game (close the client), start it back up, log back in, and see if that does the trick? We just made a few additional tweaks.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on 28 January 2015 00:41
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Thargs
    Thargs
    I did 6 time so far....
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...munch...munch...munch...just came back from dinner.

Yah it works for me now. Thanks!.
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom No joy; did a complete close (including the launcher).
    Options
  • acortner_ESO
    acortner_ESO
    ✭✭
    I can log in to my v3 sorc, but none of my other non-vet toons. None of my characters are in Cyrodil.
    Edited by acortner_ESO on 28 January 2015 00:48
    Options
  • Thargs
    Thargs
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ I dont even had a chance to load in to create my character yet...this is a bad start for my ESO gaming experience :(
    Options
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

This issue only happens with 5/8 of my characters, ALL 5 of those not working are in Auridon, so it would seem that has something to do with it

Two of the working toons are VR, one is not (but is in greenshade)

Maybe move us all to a different location for now as a temporary fix?
    Edited by Mithe on 28 January 2015 00:59
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Mujuro and @Thargs, could you two please try exiting completely out of the game (close the client), start it back up, log back in, and see if that does the trick? We just made a few additional tweaks.

I even did a complete restart of my PC and the one new level 4 character I made can't log in. It's in Vulkhel Guard.

All of my other 7 characters can log in just fine.

EDIT: I just tried using wayshrines to send a couple of other characters to Vulkhel Guard and they hang in the loading screen. After restarting, they 're back where they started.
    Edited by Iselin on 28 January 2015 01:07
    Options
  • julie404
    julie404
    Soul Shriven
    none of my VR characters are on the PTS, so I made a new one, then I on completing the first few quests I then got stuck on a loading screen and waited and waited then the game crashed and i got big line saying NO error. Hope this can be sorted. I'm on the EU server.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks folks, we're continuing to look into the issue (particularly the mention of Auridon areas.)

Just to make sure, are those of you posting about lingering loading issues are all on the PTS, yes?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks, we're continuing to look into the issue (particularly the mention of Auridon areas.)

Just to make sure, are those of you posting about lingering loading issues are all on the PTS, yes?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

yeah thats correct, also the Crown store that was supposed to be open for us to check out is also locked. Whats up with that?

i also cant speak in guild chat, whereas others can, and i also cant buy from guild stores (although im not sure whether we should be able to or not)
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes on the PTS. And you can add Bleakrock Isle VR to the list :)

I can now reliably log 6/8... in Stormhaven VR, Coldharbour, @ Greenshade

Can't load a VR1 character in Bleakrock nor my level 4 in Vulkhel Guard.
    Edited by Iselin on 28 January 2015 01:48
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    working fine now. All characters loading in.
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes. In addition to the issue appearing for characters logged out in AD areas, it also appears to occur when attempting to travel via shrine to an AD area (e.g., Craglorn to Khenarthi's Roost).
    Options
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the lingering loading issues on my V3 in Malabal Tor and my V1 in Coldharbour. I tried completely shutting down the client and reloading. I was able to log into the V1 initially in craglorn, but switched characters while he was in Coldharbour, now I can't get back in with him. Several lower level characters in Vulkel Guard worked fine.
    Options
  • Sallisha
    Sallisha
    Soul Shriven
    I can´t find my characters, I only can create new ones. Where they are?
    Options
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Just got hit with this. Infinite 'Requesting character load...'
    PTS Server
    VR14
    Nightblade
    AD
    Logged out in Wayrest Outlaw Refuge

Update: Just got in. Closed down the launcher window as I was loading. I don't know if that was what did it or a coincidence.

Update: When I got back in game, I could not interact with anything, couldn't crouch or sprint, couldn't use any abilities (even light/heavy). I could roll dodge and jog around and that's it.

Now after trying to log out, got stuck on the load screen right before character select.

Seems to be all good now. Will update if it I find another turd in the punchbowl
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on 28 January 2015 07:43
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK my VR 4 NB was working last night after you guys did some tweaking, but now this morning he is not loading again.

He is in Malabal Tor.

edit : Took around 5 minutes. Like the guy above me I closed the launcher and he loaded only 30 seconds after that. Coincidence?
    Edited by danno8 on 28 January 2015 16:38
    Options
  • rmarsh936
    rmarsh936
    ✭✭
    this issue is happening to me, and I am trying to get into Malabol Tor with my V14 character in the Cadwell's Gold quests.
    Options
  • rmarsh936
    rmarsh936
    ✭✭
    I quit completely out of the game again, and now I just got in, it is finally letting me play my main character.
    Options