Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Post 1.1.2 Imperial Style Armour (particularly heavy), among others, now look worse.

Septimus
Septimus
Following patch 1.1.2, it's evident that a large number of armour styles have been altered, giving many armours a different look. For some, this is an improvement, and was definitely something that needed doing.
However, for others, it just didn't...
Imperial Steel has gone from looking like steel should look like, to looking as bad as Iron does, with all the unnecessary red bits which look atrocious. Orichalcum armour also has gone from looking epic, to looking a bit shabby.
Beyond the lower end of armour quality, even Orich, Dwarven, Calcinium look much worse than they did before the patch, with Voidsteel looking ridiculous.
As I said, for some armours, it's an improvement, but some styles should have just been left alone, and should be reverted back to what they were before.
It's fair enough that armour types of less quality such as Iron and steel look worse than the higher up end of quality, but when they all look bad, it's not very motivating to level when you were wanting to go for a good looking Imperial set before the patch.
Anyway, thought I'd just express my thoughts. Feedback welcome, as long as it isn't offensive! :)
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you see before some players loved a certain style while others not. now its vice-versa :p

its hard to satisfy everybody. dyes are coming thou. that should make things much better for all.
    Edited by AreoHotah on 29 May 2014 10:49
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the new Khajiit, Imperial and Ancient Elf armour colours. I do not know what the OP is talking about, and speaks for himself only, not the rest of us.
  • Septimus
    Septimus
    Hopefully. It brought on my annoyance originally, just because I was looking forward to Orich, and so was leveling quite alot(with me being an RPer, and a slow leveler). Orich looked good before; Dark grey, with gold trim. They got rid of the gold trim and made the chestpiece look weird. Demotivating!
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I hear you op, many players, especially non-VRs are dissatisfied with this new color scheme on armor.
    I believe this one is the largest thread on that matter
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100989/low-level-armors-color-schemes-nerfed-by-craglorn-update

#teamEmeric
  • Septimus
    Septimus
    Cheers. I'll leave a comment lol
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    Hell I stopped converting my armors to Imperial after about lvl 15, I'd just like my original class to be useful.