Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Petition for more detailed, open communication from ZOS devs

Hilgara
Hilgara
✭✭✭✭✭
If I see another "we're looking into it" reply from the ZOS on here I will scream!
Stop with the impersonal standard responses and communicate with us not just try to placate us. Those of us still here are the ones that love your game because we are holding out hope that it can be fixed and we recognise the great potential behind the concept even if its not been properly realised yet. But almost as off putting as the bugs, bots and crashes is the impersonal way your Mods and Devs communicate with the player base. Engage us in some detailed discussions. Drop the "them and us" attitude. We both want to see the game succeed so get of your pedestals and come mix with the mob!
Edited by Hilgara on 29 May 2014 08:54
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree completely (but then I've made many threads on this subject)

+1
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly petitions are not allowed on the forums and ZOS have locked them in the past.

I do have to somewhat agree though. Right now we don't actually talk to developers or those in charge of the development areas but customer service or forums staff who then relay that information.
    If I remember correctly during development they had developers giving interviews and they were each in charge of an area of the game, the PVP one, PVE one etc. These are the people who should be talking to us on the forums then going back to their teams with the information they have gathered from the community.

Now, they don't have to do everything we say and demand, that's something the playerbase needs to learn. Just because a hundred angry people scream "My class needs x1000 damage" on the forums doesn't mean it's a good idea, the same with auction houses and other common ideas.
    The developers could however start a thread base entirely on feedback of how to improve the current guild store system and make it work, ignoring all the "it's poo just scrap it" posts and working with those giving structured feedback and answers.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."