Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should Zenimax start selling ESO gold?

• BRP1970
    BRP1970
    No
    No. Why not play the game and have fun, you dont have to instantly always have the best of all weapons and gear. amke the game a fun journey, not rush to the end.
  • Zanagan
    Zanagan
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah they should. They should also charge real life money to respec talent points, bag/bank space, and repairs. It's the only way they'll make up for lost subscribers.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zanagan wrote: »
    Yeah they should. They should also charge real life money to respec talent points, bag/bank space, and repairs. It's the only way they'll make up for lost subscribers.

Lol. So true.
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO
    No
    everyone that votes "yes" will be the one you thank for:

"Selling Flower xy, just 10000G / per unit"
  • ErdoS
    ErdoS
    No
    Everyone who has answered no, hasn't offered an alternate solution.

The question under the title:
    "What do you think Zenimax should do to combat gold farmers and exploiters?"

It's honestly not much of a problem. Gold sellers get a bad rep (no i don't use them) but it actually serves a function, and that gold actually comes to non-gold buyers when they sell products. So what's the problem? Some people get more money than they earned. Meh so what
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    No
    why the *** would anyone buy gold, unless they *** suck at the game.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I understand what you are trying to go for there OP , the problem is , this would just create another problem.

You see , we have gold sinks to keep the amount of gold players have limited. This controls the market and keeps the price of stuff on a certain floor.

Once buying gold becomes normal even more from zens , a lot of gold will enter the game and the prices will probably go up by a lot to follow it.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on 29 May 2014 03:38
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't really make any money as there really isn't that much to spend gold on. I had more gold than I could spend before I hit 50.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Everyone wants to get rid of bots.
    But nobody wants to pay the price.

We will never be rid of bots if we are going to wait for the gaming industry to fix botting problems without impacting gameplay at all.

Demanding a fix doesnt help either. Sacrifices has to be made, if that means ZOS selling gold, so be it.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ErdoS wrote: »
    Everyone who has answered no, hasn't offered an alternate solution.

The question under the title:
    "What do you think Zenimax should do to combat gold farmers and exploiters?"

It's honestly not much of a problem. Gold sellers get a bad rep (no i don't use them) but it actually serves a function, and that gold actually comes to non-gold buyers when they sell products. So what's the problem? Some people get more money than they earned. Meh so what

The problem is all the bot trains running around making dungeons no fun, flying in the air, swimming under ground, farming all the nodes, spamming every zone chat. I could care less about how much a motif costs, but when botters cause devs to change drop rates, that pisses me off.