Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

MMO's with strong pve and decent pvp

fyrefenix
fyrefenix
✭✭✭
can you all please do me a huge favor i would be most grateful.

can you please name some really good mmo's that are free and ones that have a monthly fee! include website if possible.

i know already about the following:
SWTOR
World of Warcraft
ESO (obviously lol)
runescape
graalonline
NexusTK
planetside 2
maplestory
aura kingdom
dragons nest
Natjur ✭✭✭
4:24PM
There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    Please share your information with me. i would truly appreciate it
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • Hostel_Striker
    LOTRO, but its free to play and is boring due to the fact you have to pay, or grind grind grind the same thing over and over and over.
  • Veruka
    Veruka
    ✭✭✭
    Secret World. F2P - Some micro-transactions available, as well as subscription.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , GW2 is B2P , so you only to pay once.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neverwinter Online is similar in combat and skill bar to ESO, and is free-to-play. However, it has a very strong cash shop (i.e. lots of pay-to-win features), and only get's content updates every six months. It doesn't do a lot of game fixes, as the developer team is actually rotated between all of Perfect World's other games, so don't expect a lot of attention.

PvP is also rather lackluster, and class balance is worse than ESO's all around. Very limited game design, but it's very easy to level a character (maxed my first in 10 days, and I am NOT in a hurry).

Star Trek Online, Perfect World, and a few other games are all under that same umbrella of 'devs mostly don't care till expansion time'. Lots of asian-themed grind games under this banner, if you are into that type of thing.

EvE Online is a classic, but it's extremely hardcore (you die, you have to buy a whole new ship ... some costing upwards of thousands of real dollars). Graphics are amazing, world size is intense, and the development team is one of the best in the business. PvE sucks, PvP is awesome, but again ... hardcore. Don't try to play this one unless you can handle Microsoft Excel advanced programing components.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    please keep them coming ladies and gentleman!

and for those who have told me already i appreciate your time and effort. thank you very much
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Wars 2 is B2P.

PvE is very average, but PvP is decent.
    Edited by Loco_Mofo on 29 May 2014 01:28
  • xilillillilix
    xilillillilix
    Soul Shriven
    Rift

Great PvE content (second behind WoW IMO) and OK PvP (has realm vs realm as well as battlegrounds).
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    thank you everyone for these games, and if any other good ones come to you please do let me know.

you have my thanks and gratitude
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all comes down to personal taste and what you want out of a game.
    Most current MMO's have trial periods or have F2P modes, go and try them out and find one you like.
    If your bored with generic MMO's, try Eve Online as some others have suggested, but heed the warnings, it is hardcore.
    Otherwise split up your needs, go single player for your PvE and FPS/Action RPG/RTS for your PvP (might have missed a few genres there).

But whatever you do, never go to forums to judge a game. Every MMO game forum ever created is rife with rage & complaints.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Most current MMO's have trial periods or have F2P modes, go and try them out and find one you like.
    If your bored with generic MMO's, try Eve Online as some others have suggested, but heed the warnings, it is hardcore.
    Otherwise split up your needs, go single player for your PvE and FPS/Action RPG/RTS for your PvP (might have missed a few genres there).

But whatever you do, never go to forums to judge a game. Every MMO game forum ever created is rife with rage & complaints.

i respect your concern i just want to know of games out of my list so i may give something new a try. f2p, p2p, f2p with p2p options i appreciate all of them.

i'm not judging anyone's suggestions i simply seek their knowledge of a game i haven't played
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    and mmo huts and other types of websites are annoying to navigate these days.
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rift, never winter, and Tera are all good games. Rift might be the best overall but they all kind of suck compared to wow.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Planetside 2 doesnt have pve... at all.
    It doesnt even have NPCs lol; but its a really good game and you should give it a try (its free).

Daoc is still up and still pay to play (now thats a record) with a new management and "new new frontiers", and the pvp goes on all day and night... unlike ESO, sadly.
    If this doesnt get fixed fast im going there.

sorry for too much editing
    Edited by Gisgo on 29 May 2014 03:16
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons and Dragons Online is a decent game based off the 3/3.5 ruleset. Very group oriented. If you've got friends, that's a great place to move together. But if your solo ... good luck. Classes have a very generic DnD feel, as DDO didn't stray far from the books, and 3.5 was notoriously limited.

There's also Everquest. More content that even WoW. PvE is awesome. PvP is, in my humble opinion, probably the worst in the business. EQ2 if you want Sony's poor attempt to beat WoW. EQ still has more subs than the newer EQ2, I believe.

Want a real MMO? Ultima Online. Be anything, do anything, housing, crafting, the works. Old as creation. Plays on any machine nearabouts. Graphics are horrid, in a Diablo 1 kinda way. Server pop is low, but rabidly loyal, and probably all way above your level.

Let's see, there's also City of Heroes/City of Villains, Star Wars Galaxies, Tabula Rasa, Matrix Online, Vanguard ... oh wait, those are closed.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Rift is a great MMO. Wish I had more time to play it.

Cas
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    thank you all so much! for your game suggestions and opinions! it seems like i still have some games to try :)

i am grateful for your time
    and if you think of anymore please let me know :)
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    EvE Online is a classic, but it's extremely hardcore (you die, you have to buy a whole new ship ... some costing upwards of thousands of real dollars). Graphics are amazing, world size is intense, and the development team is one of the best in the business. PvE sucks, PvP is awesome, but again ... hardcore. Don't try to play this one unless you can handle Microsoft Excel advanced programing components.

@ruze84b14_ESO I agree EvE is hardcore, but dying doesn't cost thousands of real world dollars in the way that sentence sounds ;)

EvE is unique in the sense that the game currency (isk) can be translated to real world dollars due to "plex" (plex is a token you can purchase for $19.99 and gives you 30 days game time). Plex can be sold in game for about 500 - 600 million isk. Therefore if your ship cost 1 billion isk (and that's not expensive at all in EvE) you could say the ship has a value of $40... But there are ways to farm isk at the tune of 100+ million an hrs (sometimes more).

Honestly, EvE is not hardcore due to the currency, but rather the in-depth economy and the fact that the game is open-world PvP 100% of the time. Cool game, but yes, better be proficient in Excel :D
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try age of Wushu (if in the US) or age of Wulin (if in EU): its not worth playing for several reasons but its a true sandbox and a very interesting game to try (its free to play and sadly pay to win).

There are some things like your character becoming an NPC and running your business - instead of disappearing - while you are offline that western developers should try too.
    Edited by Gisgo on 29 May 2014 03:19
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »

@ruze84b14_ESO I agree EvE is hardcore, but dying doesn't cost thousands of real world dollars in the way that sentence sounds ;)

EvE is unique in the sense that the game currency (isk) can be translated to real world dollars due to "plex" (plex is a token you can purchase for $19.99 and gives you 30 days game time). Plex can be sold in game for about 500 - 600 million isk. Therefore if your ship cost 1 billion isk (and that's not expensive at all in EvE) you could say the ship has a value of $40... But there are ways to farm isk at the tune of 100+ million an hrs (sometimes more).

Honestly, EvE is not hardcore due to the currency, but rather the in-depth economy and the fact that the game is open-world PvP 100% of the time. Cool game, but yes, better be proficient in Excel :D

I've been playing since 2003. It would be better for me to throw my PC out the door than lose some of my ships.

XBOX NA

• Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    GW2 has great pve and amazing pvp.

Rift has great pve (some really good ideas executed well) and average pvp (pvp feels lame compared to GW2, but about the same as WoW pvp)

Neverwinter Online good pve average pvp -had huge problem with bots in pvp when I played and end game pvp is somewhat p2w.

Tera good/average pve, but has amazing dungeon bosses and world bosses -and I mean they truly are amazing fights. Pvp is pretty good but a total gear grind. Community is weird, there is an element in that community of well.... semi-paedophiles is the only way I can describe it.

• Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭
    The Secret World (buy to play) is excellent and Rift (free to play) is pretty good.

The Secret World is set in a modern day real world setting, has no classes and a true play how you want to play system. It is also the only mmo to truly freak me out at times and educate me on lots of interesting subjects. The pvp is tri faction and can be interesting but I don't pvp so I don't know much about it.
    Edited by Leesha on 29 May 2014 03:45
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leesha wrote: »
    The Secret World is set in a modern day real world setting, has no classes and a true play how you want to play system. It is also the only mmo to truly freak me out at times and educate me on lots of interesting subjects. The pvp is tri faction and can be interesting but I don't pvp so I don't know much about it.

I support this secret world msg , i do think it looks awesome.

Oh and im surprised nobody said , wildstar , i dont know much about it , but it is coming out soon , maybe you can check it out.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so much! for all these great game suggestions i do appreciate it very much :)
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

Eve isn't that bad, and you actually can be effective one week in to the game, you just have to find a good corp to join. It does have a very high learning curve, but the realtime nature of the skill system stresses specialization over generalization.