Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is really wrong with ESO (Spoiler - It is not ZOS)

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As title, its actually you, reader. Let me explain, because to a point it is me as well. No hypocrisy here.

Ill spell it out really simply, its a six step process.

1. Sub to ESO
2. Play as you want
3. See someone else playing, become jealous of their success
4. Copy their build
5. The build gets nerfed down the road because it was broken mechanics/OP to begin with and you simply sheeped it as your FOTM.
6. Blame Zenimax for your own choices.
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not me at all.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Aaron0505
    Aaron0505
    So wrong...

In forums now because game won't work again.. bugs and poor design are issues at present.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaron0505 wrote: »
    So wrong...

In forums now because game won't work again.. bugs and poor design are issues at present.

Who is really at fault for exploiting poor design, the person who put a hole in the wall of the maze there, or the person who climbed through it to get the cheese earlier than intended.

Oh the moral dilemma.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Nor me. I'm still playing a nightblade. And tonight, I'm gonna roll a templar, just to show you.

Muahahahahah!

(Oh ... and what's wrong with TESO is parts of the game don't work.)
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Catbug
    Catbug
    OP thinks s/he knows what's wrong with this game, but completely misses what's wrong with the game.
    Olaf - Veteran 3 Nord Templar, Legionnaire of the of the Ebonheart Legionnaires
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    @Rylana - I'm going to borrow #3

"See someone else playing, become jealous of their success, armor style, color of horse, ability to play, etc."

Jealousy/Envy is the root of many of the "issues" noted in the forum.
    The Sidekick Order
  • Aaron0505
    Aaron0505
    Rylana wrote: »
    Aaron0505 wrote: »
    So wrong...

Who is really at fault for exploiting poor design, the person who put a hole in the wall of the maze there, or the person who climbed through it to get the cheese earlier than intended.

Oh the moral dilemma.

This directed at me or just in general?
    Bug/design issues I am referring to are not exploit/abuse related. Not being able to enter zones and other such problems are primary concern.
  • Cybrdroyd
    Cybrdroyd
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have no clue what other players are doing with their builds, I pick what I think I want, if it works good, then I keep it, if it doesn't, I just go in a different direction. I actually have no idea how many skill points I can get in this game. Given the number of skyshards, plus the unknown number of quests that award skill points (unknown at least to me), I know the number must be pretty high. I play my Nightblade like I think I should, not how so n so plays their nightblade. I think I am doing okay, I am finishing quests, not dying every 5 minutes. So far so good. :)
    The road leads ever onward...

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    As title, its actually you, reader. Let me explain, because to a point it is me as well. No hypocrisy here.

Ill spell it out really simply, its a six step process.

[snip].

Nope. None of that applied to me.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Nor me. I'm still playing a nightblade. And tonight, I'm gonna roll a templar, just to show you.

Muahahahahah!

(Oh ... and what's wrong with TESO is parts of the game don't work.)

I'm with you...At vr2 I'm still playing my nightblade archer and loving it. Kind of want to do a templar next.

I don't know how others play but I've played "my way" with the caveat that when the game has actually been hard I've taken that as a heads up that it's time to adapt a bit, pick up some skills I hadn't previously planned to and learned to usethem.

Only complaint is that the vet levels have gotten a little dull but I played way too much the first 3 weeks to 50 anyway.

The problem with the game is bugs. Old ones and, most notably, new ones they introduce with every patch. The former is to be expected with a new game. The latter is inexcusable, IMO.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issues with them balancing the game. That is a good thing, all classes should be able to do the same roles if they wear the right armor and use the right weapon.

But tell me what roles the Templar's and NB are good at at the same level as DK and Sorcs?

I don't care about which 'build' is best at the moment. I want to see class skills across the four classes balanced so any class is valid for a given spot if they have the right armor and weapons skills.

Templars 'base' is a tank\healer but sorcs and NB are better healers then Templars and every class is a better DPS. Templars have a few nice tank options, but again the DK is better at that with reflex (+ mana armor) One easy thing will fix this. Give Templars back a mana recovery tool like they had in beta, every other class has one, Templars do not.

As for NB, they are really stuffed at the moment but the Devs said they are getting looked at.