Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The Evil Archers now in Cyrodil

ninjajucerb14_ESO
NPC Archers are evil. Simply put they will hide, call a pet (need this ability), and rain hell on you from afar. Every single player in this game has died at some point to an archer raining hell on you. Players don't even have some of the abilities these evil guys have. And now we get this?!?

"Melee guards now throw oil that archer and mage guards can set aflame."

As if having a vat of oil dropped on your heads isn't bad enough (operating a ram needs a warning of some type), now they will drop oil on your heads and some intrepid npc mage or archer lights it all on fire. Great. Wonderful.

For those that asked for more realism, this is a great first step. Siege towers, ladders, grapples may be around the proverbial corner.

For those of us who cringe at seeing half their large group die in this heated black death, well now we will get a taste of what Napalm can do to an invading army.

Suffice to say Kudos to you Developers. You win this round. But we will be watching. Yes, watching....
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeps are ridiculously easy to take over. Now they will be slightly more difficult. I don't see an issue.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    siegetowers and ladders would be nice add.
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    for campaigns that have plenty of people it's not an issue, for those campaigns that have insufficient numbers to defend a keep, it helps a little, keeps should always have some form of formidable defense from say like 3 players which I've seen done.
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    Archer guards need a serious nerf. I was helping take a keep on my V1 Templar all V1 crafted blue gear and I got 2 shot thru a wall and a celling by a archer guard up on 2nd level of the keep. It hit me for 981 x2 from quick shot. My v10 NB with a v10 yellow bow gets 400-600 from HEAVY attack. A v5 guard should NOT be hitting for more than 200 tops with quick shot. Much less totally ignoring los.
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower