Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Connection Issues

Havelocke
Havelocke
✭✭
Since patch, a number of Virgin Media users in my guild are reporting connection issues. The game is disconnecting us with "Unknown error" and making it extremely difficult for us to play - particularly when we get kicked out of the game during combat.

Can you have a look into this? Please?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's only one ISP having the issue, that points to an issue with the ISP rather than the game. I'm betting you guys are going to want to try modem/network resets before asking ZO to look into things in more detail.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mate I group with had this issue and was booted frequently for four days or so, turned out that Virgin were laying in new cables to upgrade their service and switching over to these new cables for testing appeared to be the cause of the problem.

He's running fine now and happy with his free speed upgrade.
  • rlw7466
    rlw7466
    I had the same issue with Comcast earlier on in the game, I set up port forwarding and have not had the issue sense.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1133/kw/port forward

Edited by rlw7466 on 26 May 2014 14:25
  • Havelocke
    Havelocke
    ✭✭
    Here is what I did:
    • I did modem network reset - no change (as if I would post here without doing so!). Did port forwarding AND network reset. No Change.
    • Tested various games and other data streams over the connection - no issue connection remained stable.
    • Restarted network again, tested ESO - 13mins into game connection lost.

I didn't have any issue prior to patch. So something has changed somewhere, clearly the ISP is throttling ESO for a reason? Anybody got any ideas what it could be?
  • Havelocke
    Havelocke
    ✭✭
    Should say I tested Rift (90mins), Everquest (45 mins) SWTOR (45 mins) no issue with connection.
  • Parsifal
    Parsifal
    ✭✭
    This has been happening to me since the betas (I have Comcast). I have tried all of the suggestions you mentioned also with no luck. I have even submitted 2 tickets, but the first got a generic and largely unhelpful response (not once but twice!), and my second ticket a few weeks later was ignored. I don't get disconnected in any other games either. Zenimax made a post on the issue right after launch, but I have not seen or heard any updates since then, and since PMs are disabled you can no longer message the person they tell you to message.

This issue is really frustrating, since I absolutely love the game aside from having to put up with this issue! I guess that the fact I have stuck around for this long is testament to how much I love the game lol, because I get d/ced every 5-15 minutes in game. This issue doesn't seem to get much traction on the forums either, most of the posts I've seen just have a bunch of people saying "disable add-ons" over and over.

Here is a link to the Zenimax post: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/65328/unknown-error-received-upon-disconnecting