Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I thought the point was all skills are spammable, the only limit are your resource pools

loudent
loudent
✭✭✭
So, how come they are putting hidden cool down timers on some skills?
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are flailing around. And yes - it was one of the original selling points.
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    Care to list some skills?

Putting a tiny bit of through into your post would show that we can't read your mind and that you may have to explain just a tad.
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    Its all over the front page of the board today. I thought it was obvious.

The put in a cool down for the Templar biting jabs skill. Beyond the animation there appears to be a half second cool down period where not only can you not cast biting jabs again, but you can't use any ability aside from block or weapon swing.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with "all skills are spammable, the only limit are your resource pools" is that they forgot to also make resource pools an actual limitation...well, at least for magic...
    Edited by Armitas on 27 May 2014 18:56
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devs really hate Templars, remember how they nerfed Templar magicka regen skill before launch, guess they felt they haven't finished properly destroying the class.
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    Devs really hate Templars, remember how they nerfed Templar magicka regen skill before launch, guess they felt they haven't finished properly destroying the class.

Any kind of logic is void from this kind of comments. I don't exactly love all the decisions they do but the idea of devs being on a mission to destroy a class is so absurd and laughable i really can't understand any sane person would think this way.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bangstin wrote: »

Any kind of logic is void from this kind of comments. I don't exactly love all the decisions they do but the idea of devs being on a mission to destroy a class is so absurd and laughable i really can't understand any sane person would think this way.

I am guessing you've never seen a dev destroy a class in a game before, or favour one class over another class because it's the one they like to play.

You might want to be questioning the sanity of the dev in question, or the people running the game who keep the dev employed.

Not saying it's the case here, but they have shown a certain preference for one class over all the others so far...

Can't really help a person think of course. Some people prefer to believe their "superiors" are really perfect and anyone who says otherwise is the bad one, like a dog who loves its master no matter what :3
    Edited by babylon on 27 May 2014 19:58
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Says the Sorc or DK.

It hurts when you invest the time to bring your class to VR10, struggling in comparison to other classes the whole time, and the first balance update nerfs you, while buffing the already strongest class.

It may not be the devs are out to destroy a class, but the devs are definitely not playing Templar or NB very much or they would not have made the decisions that they made. Either that or they are on shrooms.
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing you've never seen a dev destroy a class in a game before, or favour one class over another class because it's the one they like to play.

You might want to be questioning the sanity of the dev in question, or the people running the game who keep the dev employed.

Not saying it's the case here, but they have shown a certain preference for one class over all the others so far...

Can't really help a person think of course. Some people prefer to believe their "superiors" are really perfect and anyone who says otherwise is the bad one, like a dog who loves its master no matter what :3

Devs can destroy a class by being clueless and not knowing what they are doing. That i can agree with.
    But you were suggesting they hate a class and are on a mission to destroy it which is a completely different thing.
    Says the Sorc or DK.
    It hurts when you invest the time to bring your class to VR10, struggling in comparison to other classes the whole time, and the first balance update nerfs you, while buffing the already strongest class.

It may not be the devs are out to destroy a class, but the devs are definitely not playing Templar or NB very much or they would not have made the decisions that they made. Either that or they are on shrooms.

I play nightblade and templar and yeah i don't disagree with you, i just find it absurd that someone can actually suggest that devs are on a mission to destroy the class deliberately. Gimme a break.

Edited by Bangstin on 27 May 2014 20:25
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to think of a promise ZOS did keep.

Nothing comes to mind.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Devs can destroy a class by being clueless and not knowing what they are doing. That i can agree with.
    But you were suggesting they hate a class and are on a mission to destroy it which is a completely different thing.
    Says the Sorc or DK.

I play nightblade and templar and yeah i don't disagree with you, i just find it absurd that someone can actually suggest that devs are on a mission to destroy the class deliberately. Gimme a break.

They could be for all any of us know. Regardless, my delivery as always is on the lighter side of serious, that also might've gone over your head.

Maybe they are and maybe they aren't. What matters is the outcome, and the effort they seem to be putting into it.

Are Templars OP? Nope. Was anyone wanting them to nerf the skill? Nope. Yet BAM! they go and do it anyway, just a month after wrecking the Templar magicka regen which basically made them the worst class in the game already.
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    Blackwidow wrote: »

Nothing comes to mind.

They promised we'd get trolls, and there seems to be an abundance.

I'm still loving Templar and I look forward to what changes are next. Sometimes you have to demo something to build it back up....

Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    This templar 'fix' is intended for the rampant BOT population. I think ZOS is hoping most will die off in the world rather than dealing with them.
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭

Nothing comes to mind.

Well, they kind of did promise this wouldn't be like any other MMO or TES game on the market. They appear to have kept that promise fairly well so far.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zeuseason wrote: »
    This templar 'fix' is intended for the rampant BOT population. I think ZOS is hoping most will die off in the world rather than dealing with them.

Yeah it's obvious that's why they kneejerked in Templar direction this time, but ZOS needs to learn to stop attacking the players of the game and start focusing on the bots directly, in ways that don't wreck us - we always get trashed more than the bots do - they don't care, they'll just move on and find a new thing...it's the actual players who loved a playstyle that end up suffering.

If ZOS doesn't learn this, like yesterday, they (and anyone rolling over and letting them do this to us all) are going to find themselves on a server full of only bots.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »

Nothing comes to mind.

Well, they kind of did promise this wouldn't be like any other MMO or TES game on the market. They appear to have kept that promise fairly well so far.

True, in all the wrong ways. :)
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They promised we'd get trolls, and there seems to be an abundance.

Link?

Oh I get it, you are trolling.
    I'm still loving Templar and I look forward to what changes are next. Sometimes you have to demo something to build it back up....

I play a Templar. It's my main. I love it.

The patch did nothing to upset me at all.

However, ZOS has broken a lot of promises.
  • SushiX
    SushiX
    Soul Shriven

Nothing comes to mind.

They promised an online elder scrolls game that you could play with your friends.
    He's like a shadow... just with fur... and kibble.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    loudent wrote: »
    Its all over the front page of the board today. I thought it was obvious.

The put in a cool down for the Templar biting jabs skill. Beyond the animation there appears to be a half second cool down period where not only can you not cast biting jabs again, but you can't use any ability aside from block or weapon swing.

You can't weapon swing either during the cool down. It's a 2 second self-stun.
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    SushiX wrote: »

Nothing comes to mind.

They promised an online elder scrolls game that you could play with your friends.

Ok guys, let's all group up to do these quests. What? What do you mean you can't see us? Are you on the same phasing step? Crap, ok you will have to solo that to catch up to us. Wait a sec, Bob, don't turn that quest... crap now we can't see you either. Ok nobody do anything til Sarah catches up to us, then hope nothing else shifts us out of phase til we catch up with Bob.

-playing with friends in the current game
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bolt Escape was the first time they broke this promise. Reduced magicka regen after casting is just a sneaky cool down.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    HandofBa-e wrote: »

Nothing comes to mind.

Ok guys, let's all group up to do these quests. What? What do you mean you can't see us? Are you on the same phasing step? Crap, ok you will have to solo that to catch up to us. Wait a sec, Bob, don't turn that quest... crap now we can't see you either. Ok nobody do anything til Sarah catches up to us, then hope nothing else shifts us out of phase til we catch up with Bob.

-playing with friends in the current game

In theory that´s easy and works...

Unfortunately noone wanted to wait for Sarah in the first place.
    Bob is a moron and turned that quest because he is not able to wait few minutes.

So I can consider myself lucky that after playing the whole game up to VR11 ( grouped all the time ) I never had this problem because my friends and I "used ourz brainz and grp-chatz".

Lucky me :)

Edited by Hodorius on 27 May 2014 21:16
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Spammable until ABUSED.

If players are going to use one ability to kill a mob then I am all for Cooldowns because that's simply not this games style.

They may come back to this skill and reduce its damage while removing the hidden CD as well - until then the quick fix is the add a CD to the ability to help force players to use other abilities.

I'm a NB and I'm most certainly forced to use all my skills on my bar. I would die if I didn't. I even use weapon swap in fights that get a bit hairy.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nothing comes to mind.

I said a promise they did keep, not ones they broke.
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    Spammable until ABUSED.

If players are going to use one ability to kill a mob then I am all for Cooldowns because that's simply not this games style.

Actually one of this games *main* selling points and definitely it's "style" is that there are no ability cooldowns. The only limit on an abilitie's use would be resource pools.

Other changes such as making it cost more, do less damage would be more in the game's style but a silent 2 second global cooldown on everything but block isn't this game's "style"