Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So can you explain to me how NB are killing me in PVP

Dimillian
Dimillian
✭✭✭
I'm a V6 sorc, I do a lot of fancy stuff, stun, AOE etc... But in a 1V1 fight, if I'm against a DK or a NB, they just stun me, disappear, reappear, cric, stun rinse and repeat, and by then I'm a dead sorc without anymore fancy stuff.

Is that really a badass skill rotation, or just some exploit? I'm not a casual nor an hardcore gamer, just an average PVE and PVP player, I try to optimise my build and all. But my sorcerer is kinda useless now in PVP 1V1.
Edited by Dimillian on 27 May 2014 13:02
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /sarcasm "It's impossible, NB are so underpowered and broken!"
    /sarcasm off
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    I think the wording of your post is terrible. Teleporting, stealthing DKs? Not sure we're playing the same game here.
    Maybe (try not to get upset) you are just bad at pvp?
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    My post is honest, ok DK just stun, not disappear in front of me. Excuse me sir, disappearing in 2 meter in from of me is not stealth.
    I'm okay with that, I'm not an hardcore PVP player, so yeah maybe I'm just bad.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Git gud.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade VR 12s can 3-shot other VR12 players from sneak.

NB + Sneak bonus hurts
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 13:10
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you dont bother breaking CCs.
    Sorc is def not useless, 1vs1 or not.

• Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    No no, sorc is not useless at all, I love it, but whenever I in 1V1 against a NB I totally lost it. I mean, I can't move anymore, and I can't break anything, just block, I can try to CC's with crystal fragment, but if not proced I'm a dead man.
    Edited by Dimillian on 27 May 2014 13:12
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimillian wrote: »
    N

I agree
  • Sturmwaffel
    Sturmwaffel
    ✭✭✭
    Alchemy can craft a potion that turns you invisible for 3 or 4 seconds and gives you +30% movement speed for 10 seconds. Odds are you might just be fighting a try-hard DK.
    Edited by Sturmwaffel on 27 May 2014 13:13
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the morphs on mage light also reduces damage from stealth. Might not be a bad idea, since lots of mages run ML for the crit anyway, and well stealth seems to be stomping on your head.

But i haven't pvped a whole bunch yet, so maybe someone has some better advice.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No no, sorc is not useless at all, I love it, but whenever I in 1V1 against a NB I totally lost it. I mean, I can't move anymore, and I can't break anything, just block, I can try to CC's with crystal fragment, but if not proced I'm a dead man.

Cant you just zip zip away like every other sorc out there?
    Do you break CCs anyway? An NB cant keep you stunned for that long unless you are sleeping at your keyboard.

• monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 1.1 patch, Sorcerors are the most powerful class in cyrodiil. There will always be bad players divided among all classes, but when you look at the pure PvP potential, Sorceror currently wins. Only sorcerors deny this to not get nerfed.
    A very bad player will lose with any class, including sorceror.
    They even have a "invincible" button with Escape bolt making it easier.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 13:22
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    So, @monkeymystic‌, is your solution to nerf all classes so that each of the 4 classes abilities all do the same damage as each other?

My biggest gripe about MMOs is how you pvp whiners spoil it for the Master Race. (that's pve'ers btw)

Edited by Monkeyshoeslive on 27 May 2014 13:29
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I can't move anymore, and I can't break anything, just block

Sounds like you were inside Dark talons range to me, and you mistook a DK for an NB.

• Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Templar doesnt count, so he left that out ;) good one because thats the real broken class :disappointed_relieved:
  • Veruka
    Veruka
    ✭✭✭
    If the NB you came across is using crushing glyphs and armor pen traits, and you're a Sorc wearing light armor.. I can see how they're able to cut you down through sneak and invis.
    Edited by Veruka on 27 May 2014 13:42
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to take a look at the mages guild skill, Magelight.
    Edited by Tannakaobi on 27 May 2014 13:40
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not for a nerf or anything, each class having they own way of being OP is awesome. It was just a thread for you to tell me how to recover from that, and to be a better player. But sound like I'm just a noob.

I don't want to use the teleport spell....
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me ask for the third time: do you know how to break CCs?
    Once you broke the CC you can at least do something: heal yourself, cast a buff, zip away...

Start from there. Im not gonna tell you how to beat me, tho :|
    Edited by Gisgo on 27 May 2014 13:38
  • Veruka
    Veruka
    ✭✭✭
    Use that teleport spell! It's your way out of a situation. Teleport away and then CC, when they get close again, rinse / repeat! Think of your character as sort of a glass cannon. You can do incredible things.. but not if they get too close to you.
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    bolt escape and run like a *** (do it until its nerfed)
  • Dimillian
    Dimillian
    ✭✭✭
    I see, I'll put bolt escape back on my bar for PVP, yeah I can do that, take some distance, and CC.

Yeah I know how to break CC.
  • Cepeza
    Cepeza
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not for a nerf or anything, each class having they own way of being OP is awesome. It was just a thread for you to tell me how to recover from that, and to be a better player. But sound like I'm just a noob.

I don't want to use the teleport spell....

Issue understood. So you realized, you are doing something wrong. Next step: realize that you need to change something regarding your play style, if you want to be successfull in PvP. A statement like "I don't want to use the teleport spell..." clearly indicates you are somewhere inbetween those two steps. :smile: Countermeasure is win for a non-gank character. This is how you get gankers suck ass.
  • BSGDevastator
    BSGDevastator
    ✭✭✭
    After 1.1 patch, Sorcerors are the most powerful class in cyrodiil. There will always be bad players divided among all classes, but when you look at the pure PvP potential, Sorceror currently wins. Only sorcerors deny this to not get nerfed.
    A very bad player will lose with any class, including sorceror.
    They even have a "invincible" button with Escape bolt making it easier.

Oh hello Mr. NerfeveryClassbutmine. Can you please stop spamming the forums with your nonsense? Everyone has his strengths and weaknesses and you just have to polish the weaknesses and strengthen the strengths.

Magelight > NB.
    V̜͚͂ͭͤ̈̌̽̏̈́̄͘͘͝ͅR̮͓͙̪̤᷊̭̯̉᷅̆̈́́̂̕1̴̖͓̹͔᷿͇̬̍̒̿ͤ̽̈́͠ ̧̙͉̪̤̙̫᷃͊̋̍̆̋ͧͭV̨̛̺̟̥ͫ̆᷅̄͊̑͌̃̓͟ą̵̩̠̒ͪ᷅̒ͫ͗̆ͨ᷈ͪ͠m̢̜̰͔᷂̱̀᷆ͤ͛̌͊᷇̈́̚p̡̺̼͕̣ͧͬͪͮ᷄̍̈̍̂͌į̠̦̖̰͚̒᷇̃̾ͪ͊ͧ̚͞r̟͈̣̭̂᷃̊̍̂͗̈̏᷾͗ͧe͢͏̗̱͚̥̜͙ͭ̃̒̋ͬ͢͞ ̴̺̼͇͂̿᷄̂̓ͤ͒̒̃͋͢N̝̯̹̩̰̼̑̿᷄᷉̃᷀̋ͩ͋ǐ̧̮̮̮͖̘̓͋̌᷅͆᷈̕ͅǵ͇̲͉̝̠̮͐̐̃ͯͫ᷾ͦ͟h̸͈̹̘̭̯̝̺͎͖̏ͬ̑̅̿t̪̠͎̲᷈͂ͯ̊ͭ᷇̀͗̅̕͠b̟᷊̻̹̝̑̌᷆᷁̂̃̈́ͩ͘͞l̠͙̻̪̣ͭ̿ͧͧ̈͛͛̒̓ͤa̡̛͈̠͇͚̮̬̔́̏̎̒͂̏ḓ̸͈̗͔̇̔̽͏̵̪̔ͪͨͥę͇͇̘̺̞̈᷈̒͐̂ͯ᷈ͩ͡
  • zinoviy22b14_ESO
    zinoviy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can negate a NB stun because its magicka base in melee if I'm not mistaken..
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a V6 sorc, I do a lot of fancy stuff, stun, AOE etc... But in a 1V1 fight, if I'm against a DK or a NB, they just stun me, disappear, reappear, cric, stun rinse and repeat, and by then I'm a dead sorc without anymore fancy stuff.

Magelight. Magelight. Magelight. Magelight.
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    Magelight against Stealth, Immovable against CCs + DPS bursts.
    Check esohead.com so you can get a full idea of what all skills and their morphs can do - you'll have a better idea of how to plan your build, and also what stuff the other classes can throw at you.

I don't PvP so I can afford being nice o:)
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also been destroyed by several NB's since 1.1.2 patch. Pretty surprised about it actually. The issue is how my 2900-3000 hp is gone before I even manage to break the initial cc and use a Bolt Escape.

Guessing is connected to how certain skills got a boost when attacking from sneak. That and performance issues causing delay, being very inconvenient for a squishy person, since you cant take more than 2-3 hits.

But this is hardly a class issue. I can get destroyed by all classes. It's really all about who ambushes who in Eso PvP. If you have cc and ulti prepared, than attack player from sneak, you tend to win all your "1v1". If you get jumped while unprepared you always loose.

Mage Light and Bolt Escape = best friends. Other than that is not much you can do against some one with a tactical advantage.

Do the same thing, be tactical. Build ultimate for Meteor and sneak. You can kill players in 3 hits as a sorc if you crit. Crystal Fragments + Meteor or it's Morphs than Mages' Wrath/Endless Fury to finish them of. If you fail, than Bolt Escape a few times and go back to sneaking. Not the most honourable way of fighting, but that's how most solo'ers do it.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade:
    1. Ambush ~ 700 dmg
    2. Deathstroke ~ 1200 dmg
    3. Surprise attack ~ 400 dmg
    4. Impale ~ 700 dmg

Can be executed in a blink of an eye and might be the rotation that kills you instantly.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore