Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Logging On Today. Still Experiencing Memory Leak

Korah_Eaglecry
Korah_Eaglecry
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
With every patch my computer has experienced large jumps in memory usage. But since the 1.1.2 Patch I cant even get into the game and stay there.

Before 1.1.2 I could minimize ESO and easily check TS or the Task Manager. As it is now I cant run TS in tandem with ESO and minimizing ESO to even look at the Task Manager bogs my system down to the point that my computer barely scrapes by a hard crash. Ive been unable to spend more then 20 minutes in game before having to log due to what at first I thought was post-patch lag. Only to realize that the Memory Leak is the true culprit.

I was hoping this maintenance overnight would be Zenimax doing their jobs and fixing a major issue with the game. But it seems this hasn't happened. Atleast for me.

I enjoy this game. Ive put enough hours in that Im now VR2 but unfortunately for me. If I cant safely log in without my computer running the risk of hard crashes. Is anyone else continuing to experience Memory Leaks?
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, ESO is actually a 32bit client. And I think it has two issues. One is memory leaks. The other is that it is running right on the raged edge of free memory availability. The combination is causing all sorts of crashes, lags, and other typical memory issue problems.
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to alt-tab out of the game and close the launcher after you've gotten into the game? Does that help?

Not sure, and I am not being sarcastic. I've saw some guildies talking about doing that and having it help them with memory issues. I have no idea if it's related or not, but figured it couldn't hurt to suggest it.
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    Im experiencing a but tonne more lag in PvP, and Crashes now, after the last patch. Was working fine for me before patch too.
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to alt-tab out of the game and close the launcher after you've gotten into the game? Does that help?

Not sure, and I am not being sarcastic. I've saw some guildies talking about doing that and having it help them with memory issues. I have no idea if it's related or not, but figured it couldn't hurt to suggest it.

My typical start up of the game is always the same. I make sure theres nothing running in the background that isn't important or necessary utilizing the Task Manager.

I run the Launcher. Press Play. Before eso.exe can even get going Ive shutdown the Launcher and put eso.exe as a high priority in Task Manager.

My habit hasn't changed since day 1 of release. But ESO has definitely changed my computers reaction to it since the last handful of patches.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax