Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trial Atherian Archive - Solo

hazune
hazune
✭✭✭
It is already crazy Raid made ​​for 12 people made ​​by one solo?
Player X'ila make this time 182min its madnes.
It's 4 in the ranking TRIALS

Like this 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AihITyYqQ

DK OP forever ;Pyoutube.com/watch?v=F-AihITyYqQ
Polska Gildia - Ebonheart pact
XENOTAVERN
xenotavern.com
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is going to hurt DK's in the long run. When you can solo a current end game raid, the nerf train is going to hit like a meteor.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    He didnt solo *** in this video.. only the mobs.. gl passing trought the bosses which is impossible -_-
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didnt solo *** in this video.. only the mobs.. gl passing trought the bosses which is impossible -_-

Should anyone be able to solo those mobs?
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly never thought this "timed" crap would gain any friction with any self respecting gamer. It achieves nothing and really? the fastest your content can be downed? How in the heck is that a positive?

haha you guys are grabbing at straws.
    Edited by Fuzzylumpkins on 26 May 2014 09:50
  • hazune
    hazune
    ✭✭✭
    Just type the letter J in a game. I see the 4 in the ranking is DK who did it practically solo Sorce. And tell me how to like? DK is just op for magician

Nick name: X'ila

and Nedzi
    Edited by hazune on 26 May 2014 09:49
    XENOTAVERN
    xenotavern.com
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hazune wrote: »
    Just type the letter J in a game. I see the 4 in the ranking is DK who did it practically solo Sorce. And tell me how to like? DK is just op for magician

and Nedzi

LOL, you really should understand what you're looking at before making sensationalistic posts based on it. The leaderboard doesn't duplicate names, so if someone joins in a raid of people who have already completed it, then finishes the raid, it will show them alone on the leaderboard for the next spot. And who the heck cares about soloing some trash mobs in there? Cool show, but that's it... a cool show.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 26 May 2014 09:57
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and Nedzi

LOL, you really should understand what you're looking at before making sensationalistic posts based on it. The leaderboard doesn't duplicate names, so if someone joins in a raid of people who have already completed it, then finishes the raid, it will show them alone on the leaderboard for the next spot. And who the heck cares about soloing some trash mobs in there? Cool show, but that's it... a cool show.

If they care about balance in the slightest, then the devs should care that one class can clear trash aimed at 12 (TWELVE) players. That should not be possible, it does not matter that it's just trash mobs.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

and Nedzi

If they care about balance in the slightest, then the devs should care that one class can clear trash aimed at 12 (TWELVE) players. That should not be possible, it does not matter that it's just trash mobs.

You realise trash mobs aren't what make up a raid, right?
    No, you probably don't. But that's ok
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

and Nedzi

Are you deliberately ignoring the obvious? When one class can take out mobs designed for 12 players, there is a massive issue, when it faces the other classes in PVP.

I guess you main a DK, or you would see the obvious.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and Nedzi

Are you deliberately ignoring the obvious? When one class can take out mobs designed for 12 players, there is a massive issue, when it faces the other classes in PVP.

No, I don't. Trash mob. Trash.Mob
    Ok, just forget it, not really worth it
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and Nedzi

Trash mob, designed to be taken on by 12 players.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and Nedzi

Trash mob is normal mobs, there isn't a version of them made for 12 people. The only difference would be the number. But hey, why don't you go and do the same and show us? Or show us how you solo the REAL raid content?
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and Nedzi

Trash mob is normal mobs, there isn't a version of them made for 12 people. The only difference would be the number. But hey, why don't you go and do the same and show us? Or show us how you solo the REAL raid content?

You have now lost the plot. I'm a NB, no way I could even try to do it. No one should be able to take out trash packs in a current raid, completely solo!

I'm not even going to bother with further responses, it's obvious to anyone that understands about game balance in an MMO.

Now where is my ignore function?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭

and Nedzi

You have now lost the plot. I'm a NB, no way I could even try to do it. No one should be able to take out trash packs in a current raid, completely solo!

I'm not even going to bother with further responses, it's obvious to anyone that understands about game balance in an MMO.

Now where is my ignore function?

In an MMO no classes should be able to kill raid mobs. 1 or maybe 2 okay, but not several like in the video. So I completely agree!
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Uh thanks for the link i guess but dont worry OP i didnt finish the trial, was just having some fun and all that dropped was a huge repair bill and a white 1H.

and Nedzi

Well the trash mobs in there do have over 20k hp and hit 2x as hard, so slighty different than normal dungeon trash lol. slightly.

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh thanks for the link i guess but dont worry OP i didnt finish the trial, was just having some fun and all that dropped was a huge repair bill and a white 1H.

and Nedzi

Well the trash mobs in there do have over 20k hp and hit 2x as hard, so slighty different than normal dungeon trash lol. slightly.

As I would expect from VR10+ 'trash mobs'
    If you know how to play and are specced for tank, killing them doesn't turn you automatically in an OP class.

AND I play a NB and a Sorc in a can....
  • Darkreign
    Darkreign
    ✭✭
    Horses for courses tbh. If you consider all the variables anything is possible. The OP has made that toon to the spec required to roll those mobs. Good luck to the player I say. He gets it, he understands the possibilities, wish I did. I don't see anything out of the ordinary here, many MMO have people like this, all I see on this thread, is whining because he can, and you cant. Because he gets it, and you (and me) don't.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkreign wrote: »
    Horses for courses tbh. If you consider all the variables anything is possible. The OP has made that toon to the spec required to roll those mobs. Good luck to the player I say. He gets it, he understands the possibilities, wish I did. I don't see anything out of the ordinary here, many MMO have people like this, all I see on this thread, is whining because he can, and you cant. Because he gets it, and you (and me) don't.

I think what they are (above) saying is that no matter how much someone 'gets it' the game should be balanced/designed in a way to make some things just impossible to do. Such things as being able to solo some of the most difficult content designed for 12 characters. No doubt there's still a lot of balancing to do.

After all the media and pre-release press about Trials being the most testing/challenging/difficult in the game, the above video, and others just like it, amount to an extremely poor advertisement for ESO. And Zenimax certainly wouldn't want that.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Daendur
    Daendur
    ✭✭✭

there are tons of players who "understand the poissibilities" ... too bad only DK can do such things... I'd like to se the same player doing that with a nighblade...
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭

This exactly, Certain builds are made for cutting through groups of mobs, I run a Sorc and NB and on both i can manage it the NB is harder but its still not that hard that its an actual challenge. It just requires you to be aware and have fast reaction time.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kingslayer wrote: »

This exactly, Certain builds are made for cutting through groups of mobs, I run a Sorc and NB and on both i can manage it the NB is harder but its still not that hard that its an actual challenge. It just requires you to be aware and have fast reaction time.
    I normally hate this saying but here goes. In relation to being able to do that on a NB "Video, or it did not happen".
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well no, it doesn't mean that and there isn't such issue. He has build a spec that is indeed OP at clearling mobs. Full stop.

PvP is another matter whatsoever. Corrosive Armor and Magicka Furnace (which is what this build is centered around) have nowhere near the same effect in PvP as they do against mobs. I should know, one of my two chars is a DK.

Had enough of a class or weapon being nerfed and affecting people that weren't exploiting it. Example being shield bash. Obviously hugely OP in PvP, but just about necessary for any sword and shield tank to be able to do solo questing in VR ranks.

What needs to be nerfed here is the 5sec cooldown on the Magicka Furnace, not the DK class

Edited by Maulkin on 26 May 2014 15:34
    EU | PC | AD
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    What needs to be nerfed is a Soft Cap for Ultimate gains and a Hard Cap. Make it similar to how HP/Magicka/Stamina has a soft/hard cap for there regeneration. I know that will *** of a ton of players though.
  • hazune
    hazune
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by hazune on 26 May 2014 20:53
    XENOTAVERN
    xenotavern.com
  • terence.caroneb17_ESO
    Damn, I thought it was the Templar Biting Jabs that was OP ! How surprising this kind of stuff comes from a DK !

Oh Zenimax, you really know your game so well.