Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Unlock Secondary at LvL10

Clutch
Clutch
✭✭✭
One thing that always baffled me was why we have to wait until level 15 to unlocked and equip a second set of our choosing. You'd think, with AvA being available at level 10 that you would want players to have the capability right out of the gate to be versatile.
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not 1?
    They think it was a clever way of introducing an mmo mechanic I guess.
    Personally I think we should have 4.
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    I think 10 would be better. If you start at 15 with a weapon with 0 skill it can be a more difficult to get started with it than it should be.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pknecron wrote: »
    I think 10 would be better. If you start at 15 with a weapon with 0 skill it can be a more difficult to get started with it than it should be.

It really isn't that hard. Once I opened up weapon swap, my secondary weapon stayed at about the same level as my primary. It actually levels much faster initially, due to the increased XP you get from kills/quests.
    ----
    Murray?
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It would be very useful to have the swap at level 10 - 12 for the first set of dungeons.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • SinisterJoint
    SinisterJoint
    ✭✭✭
    I agree we need more than 2 weapon choices. 3-4 would be nice
  • Doomraven
    Doomraven
    If I had to wait to get it at level 15 everyone should! Jk I think level 10 is fair and makes sense.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree we need more than 2 weapon choices. 3-4 would be nice

Yea because ppl ran around with 2 swords, an axe, a long sword, a shield and a bow into combat.

You'd look like a one-man-band on the battlefield.

In other words, gtfo. Lol
  • Clutch
    Clutch
    ✭✭✭
    It would be very useful to have the swap at level 10 - 12 for the first set of dungeons.

Exactly, the goal should be to be at least semi versatile when the shift of the game begins to change. IE Dungeons and PVP. I'm ok with waiting to unlock the ability where we could have easily had this at level 1 from the get go. But for QoL sakes, getting at 10 feels more fitting than 15.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pknecron wrote: »

A smart leveler will manually swap weapons and level them well before unlocking the swap, so when 15 arrives, one already has two leveled weapon skill lines.

I started doing this at level 10 (resto staff and bow), and had both skill lines about the same level when 15 came around.