Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

EXTREMLY FRUSTRATEDDDDDDDDDDDDD -- chat bug

msawwan2ub17_ESO
msawwan2ub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Is it only me or does chat bug for all of you?
sometimes you find yourself unable to type letters, only numbers and symbols ....
wtf is this bug, require client restart. it is veryyyyyyyyyy annoying. i restart almost every 30 mins cause of this ***
~~ Mrs Jones ~~
~~ Self-proclaimed Best Player in the game ~~
~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bots caused this.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand, do explain please?
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    Never had this happen.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are dropping into a special keyboard mode. After you exit ESO, is it still this way if you open up a text editor? If so, then there is a key on your keyboard that is triggering the special mode, and it is being accidentally pressed.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked for multiple Keyboard layouts installed on your system?
    http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php

Multiple layouts may eventually cause issues for the user if those settings does not correspond to the OS regional settings. Delete all but your own native layout and it should functions as intended. Though coming to think of it, does your ESO have any AddOns installed, if so try and disable/move those and test if ESO works.
    Edited by KitLightning on 25 May 2014 18:25
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    no it is only happening in eso. i can still type everywhere else.
    even in the login page if i logged out

have to close the client completly then reopen it ... am surprise no one else has that annoying bug...

few of you think it might be problem on my side, please give me tips on what to do
    I read the above options, none of them apply to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    you know what, you could be right, the language switching key does a simillar stuff, and i can revert back from it.
    :-s i am ***
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~