Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Templar: now having trouble with groups

aleister
aleister
✭✭✭✭
I've found ESO to be pretty challenging from the beginning. After reading and watching a lot of videos, I respecced my templar from S&B/heavy to destro/resto light. I had success with that for several levels up to VR1, then the patch came along and I don't know if it is the nerfs to impulse and biting jabs or not, but I'm having a lot of issues with groups of mobs. I can make through most single boss fights OK (even harvesters), but facing groups is tough for me.

If my ultimate is up when I start, I'm fine, but if not I can expect to finish with 1/4 health and little mana left. If I pull extras I'm dead. I have similar issues when I am up against named duos or trios. These are just regular mobs, too -- not veteran. I'm still finishing up the main story line.

Advice appreciated.
  • deathcoyrwb17_ESO
    Yea, biting jabs delay is deadly to templars now. Impulse Destro Staff is still quite strong despite the MP increase, you just have to weave in other spells like volcanic rune or solar barrage and also consider throwing down Channeled Focus for mp recovery and buffs to defenses. Going Dual Wield is another option that helps too.
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    Use volcanic rune to CC groups of mobs while you spam impulse
  • akriden
    akriden
    ✭✭✭
    templer gameplay is broken. delays of 1-2 seconds to the only damage skill in the class skills is unworthy of discussion. unplayable as an tank.
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    I use the toppling charge in aedric spear line as an open to take out either the ranged mob npc or the healer/sorc (usually always and archer in a mob lol). Throw solar barrage (morphed so it is instant), impulse from destro and try to get my purifying light off on the KB target before I run back out, spaming my barrage and impulse alternately. That usually takes down 2 of the 3 so I can heal up and solo the third.