Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Theorycrafting question.

Censorious
Censorious
✭✭✭✭
Anyone have a handle on how the figures for recovery are calculated?

As far as I can see I seem to have a base recovery rate of 55 for Magicka and ditto Stamina but only 30 for Health. (That's after removing racial and equipped factors)

This compares to base values of 1463 Max Magicka, 1770 Max Health 1190 Max Stamina.

I understood that the recovery rates were based off the Max values - in which case why is my health recovery so poor compared to magicka and stamina when I have poured most of my attribute points into health?
- Again, why are stamina and Magicka recoveries the same when I have different values for the corresponding max stat?

Any illumination would be appreciated.
'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My own personal theory with nothing to back it up:

I think its a forced grouping mechanism to ensure the need for healers. Even when i can get my HP recovery overcharged, it is still noticably behind Magicka and Stamina. I think it was ZOS's subtle way of making us look for healers as it is very hard to just gut it out without healing sometimes.

If players could really get HP recovery up there, efficiency would rear its ugly head and things would go downhill from there in terms of building parties...even more than i see them doing so atm.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm.

I have a couple of alts (bank mules) still at lvl3, unequipped. They have magicka max 140 health 190,stamina 140. Meanwhile the recoveries are 7,4,7 respectively.
    So even at lvl3 there is a massive difference in recovery rate.

I guess I'm going to have to respec my attributes in order to see how the attribute points affect matters and what the base figures really are.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.