Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Fighters Guild vs Mages Guild

david271749
david271749
✭✭✭✭✭
Which is better? This pertains to ESO only. Please consider story line and skill line(pvp/pve). Please explain your selection below.
Edited by david271749 on 22 May 2014 09:18

Fighters Guild vs Mages Guild 100 votes

Fighters Guild
42%
RonethMorolivrim21CTravelerElynakoettyEliteZkmorganlfcb16_ESOSharranAesAncientDizeeAldruinForTheRealmplaxy186GarpleyAurilis_Sungazeapterouswilliambbechtoldub17_ESOAlnairasanothernameErisDao_Jones 42 votes
Mages Guild
58%
TerminusGwarokSinisterJointTargrothbloodenragedb14_ESOcjmarsh725b14_ESOckf12b14_ESOYelgisKevinmonMorkulthReymasRianaTheBosmerPierre.Steegb16_ESOM.M.Fuchsb16_ESOFrcyrChrisuWodwoJD2013rawne1980b16_ESOZahne 58 votes
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    because of reasons... but mostly because it contains the only activated skill in both skill lines I use (silver bolts)
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Better is a very loose term. :D

I liked the mages guild more because I love that crazy lord. :)

However the fighters guild was a better story, IMHO.

I'm a sorc, so I'll vote Mage guild. ;)
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    Better is a very loose term. :D

I liked the mages guild more because I love that crazy lord. :)

However the fighters guild was a better story, IMHO.

I'm a sorc, so I'll vote Mage guild. ;)

@Blackwidow‌ I prefer the Mages guild quest though, FG was too predictable IMHO.

I'm a tank yet the vote. (:
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Well , mages guild offers vulcanic rune + their story end with a nice choice , with from what i think are unique rewards , either the 2 skill points or that mind thing.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the fighers guild skills, but the mages guild quest line ... so ... I can't decide ^^
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are both great, and since you can do both why choose???????????

It's like asking what's better Chocolate or Cake??
    Answer Chocolate Cake, I'll have both together. :heart_eyes:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Well , mages guild offers vulcanic rune + their story end with a nice choice , with from what i think are unique rewards , either the 2 skill points or that mind thing.

Sadly the Eidetic Memory is available regardless of choice. Boils down to the choice of agreeing with Uncle Sheo's weirdness and getting that 2 SP or being the hero saving the damsel in butterfly world, and getting back plain old Valaste the bookworm.

Wished something went wrong and she can't be cured though. That would've justified my choice. LOL.
    Edited by Aeradon on 22 May 2014 10:08
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Mages guild.
    Better characters, better story and Wabbajack.

I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't finished but I saw the fighters guild "twist" 10 minutes into the chain.

They also made it far too obvious it was going to happen by putting heavy blame on another character early on. When that happens so early in a chain you know there is going to be another twist .... and the character behind it all acted shifty from the start.

At least the mages guild had some amusing quests.

And the wabbajack.

Edited by @ZOS_MichaelM:
    Added spoiler tags.
    Edited by ZOS_MichaelM on 22 May 2014 10:48
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Aeradon wrote: »

Sadly the Eidetic Memory is available regardless of choice. Boils down to the choice of agreeing with Uncle Sheo's weirdness and getting that 2 SP or being the hero saving the damsel in butterfly world, and getting back plain old Valaste the bookworm.

Wished something went wrong and she can't be cured though. That would've justified my choice. LOL.

Hum ic , still i dont regret my choice , what are 2 skill points anyway?

I have over 200 now , unspent around 25 heh.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    The mages guild is far more interesting story wise, a lot of fun messing with Sheogorath. Fighters guild is mostly fighting with daedra. What better than to mess with the mad god himself.
    Wabbajack for th ewin
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    Fighters Guilld - beacuse of the usefull abilities, especially in PVE... though they work pretty well also in PVP, and I am practically oriented person ;-)
    As per quest lines, the Mages Guild's one was definitely more appealing to me.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    I prefer Fighters Guild for the anti vamp/werewolf abilities.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, both stories were horrible, predictable, and very poorly thought but I'd say Fighter's guild skill line has more purpose with combating Vamp/werewolf in PvP over Mages guild abilities.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    I liked the fighters guild story better, I like the fighters guild powers better, but I like the reward from the mages guild better.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    Meh either is good i guess
    Edited by jbfroik on 22 May 2014 14:30
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    Mages Guild are silly lady-boys that wear dresses and use wooden sticks to shoot at things.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    I use the Fighters Guild skills more, but I liked the Mages Guild story/end benefits better. Voted Mages Guild because Eyevea, a quiet place to avoid bots.
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    I think the abilities are all relative to your character because they scale off of stamina or magicka. While the passives for fighters guild are great for killing daedra, Craglorn offers very little daedra making mages guild slightly better for my spec.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Mages guild gets Inner light.

That's enough for me to dedicated myself to Mages Guild.
  • Morolivrim21
    Morolivrim21
    Soul Shriven
    Fighters Guild
    The fighters guild story was so..predictable and boring. The mages guild story was funny at several moments. Now in terms of skill lines? Fighters guild skills but just barely. I play a stamina based bow assassin nightblade. Flawless dawnbreaker + hundings rage set..so good. With silver shards is awesome, but Camouflaged hunter...is amazing.
    + Hit shadowy disguise, piercing mark, camouflaged hunter, and hit snipe...hitting 2-2.7k on vamps and werewolves..priceless.

Mages guild is nothing to sneeze at either. Radiant magelight with 50% decreased dmg from stealth attacks..nice nice. Volcanic rune would be on my bar all the time in pvp and pve if i had another slot, and meteor is just plain fun.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    Mages guild story was better, but I still prefer fighters guild for my character.
  • LadyHen
    LadyHen
    Mages Guild
    Picked mages guild. Only because of Sheogorath. :)
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why choose one as being better than the other?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we talk about skill lines they are both kind of awesome.

Volcanic Rune.aka IMMINENT NERF RUNE
    Camouflaged Hunter

In terms of story they were at the level of the main story line and they were sll kind of bad.
    Edited by PBpsy on 25 May 2014 02:34
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • SharranAes
    SharranAes
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    Even as a magicka based char, I have more Fighter's Guild skills than Mage Guild
    Particularly the passives, and Silver Bolt/Shard for solo play (Which, quite frankly, is incredibly OP and makes most undeads/daedras a joke)
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild
    Went with fighters guild do to the bonuses against undead, werewolfs, and deadra, and since their passives actually do stuff if you don't fill your bars with primarially guild skills. Plus silver bolt is fairly useful.

Story wise I consider it largely a tie.
    Edited by Anvos on 25 May 2014 09:38
  • anothername
    Fighters Guild
    I picked fighters guild. While MG has indeed some fancy skills, they are all MG only. You go full into it or you dont take it at all (except persuade). FG passives are an interesting choice to consider for every build.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    Mages Guild had a way better story, and also uncle Sheo! I feel like Fighters Guild could've been done so much better.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mages Guild
    happiness is loneliness