Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

30 GB patch... are you INSANE ??

filosteel
filosteel
Soul Shriven
As the title says... are you f**** joking?

And reading the other posts about the bugs and memory leak... what the hell, who are your developers, a bunch of undergraduate monkeys? are you programming this in Java??

jeez this is unbelievable, and totally unacceptable by a game with this name, this content, this rating and that requires subscription.
You are literally covering yourself in shame.
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, the patch was something closer to 3gb, for some reason your client wants to download the whole game again.
  • filosteel
    filosteel
    Soul Shriven
    Bangstin wrote: »
    Nah, the patch was something closer to 3gb, for some reason your client wants to download the whole game again.

Then my fear of Java-coding monkeys on weed is growing higher... high as the monkeys :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, yeah, the patch wasn't even close to 30gb. It was a total of about 5.5gb, split between 2 downloads. The problem here is that you looked at it when it said "applying patch" and thought that meant it was downloading the patch (which actually happens when it says "downloading patch"). The patch gets applied to the entire game, so the "applying patch" portion will show the patch being applied to almost 30gb. You are not downloading a 30gb patch. You are not re-downloading the entire game either.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might be near 30gb if people had to re-download the whole game & all patches.
    As others said it was just under 3gb.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • filosteel
    filosteel
    Soul Shriven
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    Um, yeah, the patch wasn't even close to 30gb. It was a total of about 5.5gb, split between 2 downloads. The problem here is that you looked at it when it said "applying patch" and thought that meant it was downloading the patch (which actually happens when it says "downloading patch"). The patch gets applied to the entire game, so the "applying patch" portion will show the patch being applied to almost 30gb. You are not downloading a 30gb patch. You are not re-downloading the entire game either.

Hmmm no, I know that there is the "downloading" phase and the "applying" phase. I had "downloading patch: 10000MB remaining" or something like that, and I was at "30% remaining", so that sums up at 30GM.
    Also, I had an average downloading speed of 10MB/sec with some minutes at 20MB/sec (yes, luckily for me I'm on a good network) and it took me around 45 minutes to complete this nonsense. It matches the numbers of 30GB
  • fougerec99b16_ESO
    fougerec99b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Then for some reason you downloaded everything again. The patch itself was nowhere near 30gb. It was at most 5-6gb.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ur-Quan so after 12hrs of "downloading the patch" your telling me that the client isn't downloading the patch, sure sure I see the logic there.

For some reason, some clients are met with this:
    When opening the ESO_Launcher it displays "Update", then they run the "Update" involving downloading a 2.6GB patch. After recompiling the build with the newly fetched patch, the client is then met with "Verifying Download" of c. 26GB data, and are then forced to download said amount of data.
    This is a parsing bug with the build itself and how the game is verified, as of yet not answered by the so-called support.

@ZOS_MichelleA @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ la_tective_by_kitlightning-d76ir5m.gif
    Edited by KitLightning on 24 May 2014 22:04
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still though, a triumph by ZOS
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Vlaxitov
    Vlaxitov
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this guy is way off. That said, ESO is already up to 31.6 gigs. For the size of the actual game I'd call that an extreme memory hog. I'll be crucified for saying it I'm sure but WoW is what, 20 gigs including all xpacs? Skyrim legendary edition + all DLC is what, 5 gigs? Just saying..
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    filosteel wrote: »
    Ur-Quan wrote: »

Hmmm no, I know that there is the "downloading" phase and the "applying" phase. I had "downloading patch: 10000MB remaining" or something like that, and I was at "30% remaining", so that sums up at 30GM.
    Also, I had an average downloading speed of 10MB/sec with some minutes at 20MB/sec (yes, luckily for me I'm on a good network) and it took me around 45 minutes to complete this nonsense. It matches the numbers of 30GB
    Yeah, if what you say is accurate then something went badly wrong with your update. I know for sure that mine didn't happen like that. It downloaded about 2.8gb, then applied that to the full game, then downloaded another 2.7gb, then applied that to the game. Total download was exactly what ZOS had said it was for this patch (which was about 5.5gb). The patch simply isn't 30gb.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    I If you go to the tech support forum you'll find others with the same issue and how they fixed it.worked for me
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • filosteel
    filosteel
    Soul Shriven
    @Ur-Quan‌ @lioslinn‌
    ok thanks for the info guys! it's still ridiculous that these things are even happening on a game of this level. Well... I need to do some work now, I'll give it a try later in the afternoon. Thank you :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    filosteel wrote: »
    @Ur-Quan‌ @lioslinn‌
    ok thanks for the info guys! it's still ridiculous that these things are even happening on a game of this level. Well... I need to do some work now, I'll give it a try later in the afternoon. Thank you :)
    Good luck!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Yeah this guy is way off. That said, ESO is already up to 31.6 gigs. For the size of the actual game I'd call that an extreme memory hog. I'll be crucified for saying it I'm sure but WoW is what, 20 gigs including all xpacs? Skyrim legendary edition + all DLC is what, 5 gigs? Just saying..

This is one of those situations where you can't compare a new game to WoW. WoW was developed over 10 years ago, and used graphics that would run on computers much older than that. You can't make a valid comparison. At one point games used to fit on a single CD, before that a floppy disk. All software, not just games, get bigger as technology advances.

Btw, Skyrim is 13 GB on a clean install. SW:TOR was 26 GB.
  • Dagus
    Dagus
    ✭✭✭
    TicToc wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

This is one of those situations where you can't compare a new game to WoW. WoW was developed over 10 years ago, and used graphics that would run on computers much older than that. You can't make a valid comparison. At one point games used to fit on a single CD, before that a floppy disk. All software, not just games, get bigger as technology advances.

Btw, Skyrim is 13 GB on a clean install. SW:TOR was 26 GB.

what he said.
    wow came out in 2004 and if you compare the detailed landscape and character models there to what we have here you'll understand why there is such a vast difference.
    RAWR!!!
  • gavinpickeringrwb17_ESO
    WoW is currently 28gb btw