Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stormhaven question. How you played?

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
May be an odd question but when you guys first entered Stormhaven did you go right to wayrest? Or did you quest your way there?
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went straight to Wayrest, blinded by the big city lights. Then I saw how far apart all the amenities were, fell through the bridge to the bank a few times and had to use /stuck, and as a result I now always go back to Daggerfall to do any crafting/banking. I like Daggerfall - even more so now that the banker's annoying lines have been removed. :)
    Edited by Epona222 on 24 May 2014 07:53
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • AgriyaTheGrey
    AgriyaTheGrey
    ✭✭✭
    Quested in the first town & the burned-out farm & wandered looking for skyshards, did a couple of the public dungeons; IIRC took a couple or three sessions to actually reach Wayrest.
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
    -Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader CBE DSO DFC FRAeS DL
    If a man is correct in his own person, then there will be obedience without orders being given; but if he is not correct in his own person, there will not be obedience even though orders are given.
    -The Lun Yu
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did quest before to reach Wayrest.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I entered Stormhaven, I pretty much ran quickly straight to Wayrest so that I could activate the Wayshrine. This ensured I could travel there to use the bank/stables/shops etc. without going back to Glenumbra/Betnikh/Stros M'kai. Then I backtracked to Koeglin Village so I could do the quests there, then swiped the map heading right from the Village to explore and complete quests. So yes, I recommend heading to Wayrest as soon as you enter Stormhaven.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Quested my way up. I like exploring.
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up questing my way there. It wasn't my intent but the one thing this game got really right was the quests and immersing yourself in them.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helped out around the small town then hurried on to Wayrest, because bag space.

About to head out and see what we missed.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the bloodfiend town then the harpies then decided that I should head to Wayrest just in case I end up breaking questlines. (just as well really because of the camp).
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I went straight to Wayrest, blinded by the big city lights. Then I saw how far apart all the amenities were, fell through the bridge to the bank a few times and had to use /stuck, and as a result I now always go back to Daggerfall to do any crafting/banking. I like Daggerfall - even more so now that the banker's annoying lines have been removed. :)

Epona, I found that Betnikh was better for that. Their workshops were reasonably close as was the bank, it was all out in the open and there weren't as many people so there was less lag.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on 24 May 2014 23:43
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was level 10 on a cross-country trip, so I went straight to Wayrest and then all the way to Hallin's Stand, unlocking every wayshrine I passed.

The second time I entered, I quested before reaching the city.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Well I asked because I have never seen the first main city that far into the map. It's usually right when your enter from the previous zone.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a few of the early areas, then I had to skip right to wayrest otherwise the guild quests there would have greyed out. Once those were done, then I went back to where I left off.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I basically let the quest lines guide my player throughout the whole zone. Doing it that way I've found basically ensures you don't miss anything. It works well and seems to be the way the developers designed it, which makes sense. Plus story-wise it keeps everything consistent too which is nice. Talking to NPCs keeping your eyes open for books etc whilst you do also ensure that you're told - or found - of secret places like out-of-the-way dungeons and the like as well. Always nice.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    So what I ended up doing was doing the first quest with the paranoid dude with the pirates, then I went straight to wayrest and did the guild quests and then went back to the part of the map you first get to when you enter and am doing the quests there making my way back to wayrest.