Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Request approximate size of patches be posted to forum home page

misterme2011
misterme2011
✭✭
I can only play about an hour a day, but I'm able to start the download of new patches in advance if I know about them.
E.g. The download for the latest patch on Thursday ate up about 30 min of my play time when I could have downloaded it in advance had I known about it. Thanks
  • Lox
    Lox
    ✭✭✭
    If you have limited play time and are able to start the patch ahead of time, then just start the patch ahead of time ..... everytime .... regardless.
  • misterme2011
    misterme2011
    ✭✭
    I can make an effort to find time to start the download if I know in advance that it is large - not every time

So it wouldn't hurt, and would be helpful if the approximate download size was posted with the other patch notification info on the forum home page
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    I request that everyone with a download cap write a letter to their country's government requesting data caps be made illegal asap.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • VampiricOmen
    VampiricOmen
    ✭✭✭
    I'd appreciate this too. I have ADSL 2+ which is the best internet available in my area and a 2GB download takes quite a while to download, to the point of losing interest in playing during that period. It takes longer again if my family is online at the same time, but I'm not about to oust them off just to download a patch.

Knowing the size of the patch in advance would allow me to download it prior to my typical play period and avoid downloading it during peak time.

• Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    It's not difficult to estimate. Content patches are always going to be large downloads -do you really have to know the exact size?
    Edited by Catflinger on 25 May 2014 01:37
  • misterme2011
    misterme2011
    ✭✭
    You seem to be arguing against implementing a simple act of courtesy that Zenimax could extend to us. In a case like this if it is simple and it helps some people, why not just do it?
    Catflinger wrote: »
    It's not difficult to estimate. Content patches are always going to be large downloads -do you really have to know the exact size?