Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need easy-survival class and build to replace NB

zhevon
zhevon
✭✭✭✭
My NB is suddenly not viable in PvE due to patch - not sure why - not sure I care because it will change again. I sure don't want to throw money at a respec because I might as well just throw it down the toilet. [If ZoS would give a [snip] about their customers they would proactively give everyone really cheap respecs until the skiltrees stabilize] Note I am only level 17; so I am not talking about the rarified air of veteran levels. I am tired of getting killed - sometimes my fault but its often due to skills not firing off and other technical issues. Even before this patch I was only somewhat useful in groups primarily as a distraction.

Playing normally, I am tired of being 2-3 levels above mob groups and still getting my ass handed to me. For a week or two I got better at surviving but now I back to square one. I want an easy to play cookie cutter Templar or DK build; I am tired of wasting energy and effort and just want to-play-the-game. Any suggestions?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
Edited by zhevon on 24 May 2014 10:10
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    What's your archetype bow or blade ? at lower levels id think bow would be better, but maybe im just biased as that's how I leveled. As a NB your never going to have a easy time taking on more than 2 mobs and even 2 will be a challenge till you get a few more skills. At 50 + Bow spec NB is VERRY strong against up to 3 melee mobs but 2+ ranged mobs are still a major pain
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 17, and if you're unwilling to respec, I would suggest rerolling and try out different skills.

It's too early to decide whether which skills work for you but what I can say is that when you reach VR, you're most likely having more skill points than you need for an effective build. (Unless you're crafting, then you need to maximise what you get from your skill points in combat skills until you get 250+ skill points)

I play NB, now VR1, I can assure you that with the few beginning active skills you get such as, Strife, Impale, invisibility, and Veiled Strike, you can reach VR regardless of morph.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone's replies - it turns out this is why I was probably so despondent about my NB earlier : Skills malfunctioning - Shooting blanks