Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Post 5/23 hotfix opinions?

harnessedyeti9
harnessedyeti9
✭✭✭
Just trying to get a feel for whether the main problems were fixed. Vet mob health adjusted? How is the xp gain from mobs in Vet areas? Does the increased xp from mobs make a difference as far as not having to grind so many quests?

Thoughts, comments?
  • marchiggs_707b16_ESO
    game currently unplayable due to the huge memory leak
    I can resist everything except temptation .. Oscar Wilde
  • jonpaul
    jonpaul
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know... cant kill anything due to constant DC's
    WAR EAGLE
    I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments. -Jim Morrison
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Difficulty in 50++ zone still not fixed completely.
    Random identical VR9 NPCs will have massively different stats and damage outputs.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mobs in Pact VR9-10 are still weaker than any trash mob in Craglorn by quite a bit. They are however manageable now but not in any way fun. I will not be doing any more VR zone faction questing. I loved questing and the difficulty before the patch but now It is just tedious,
    Edited by PBpsy on 24 May 2014 04:37
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mobs in V5 have lower health from yesterday but still hit the same. So, no. They didn't fix it.
  • RastSekyd
    RastSekyd
    ✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    Difficulty in 50++ zone still not fixed completely.
    Random identical VR9 NPCs will have massively different stats and damage outputs.

Well, it was done via a hotfix. My guess is that the mobs will maintain their excessively high stats until someone comes along and kills them, after which the respawns will have the proper stats.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept them a bit stronger than they were pre-patch though, whether by accident or on purpose. I've seen NPCs with wildly varying stats so far.

Edited by RastSekyd on 24 May 2014 04:44
  • edu.journeymanub17_ESO
    Unfortunately, I could not write a single hint on how to avoid the problems we still have in the server, at least the one I'm playing ATM (US), the bug (mistake or whatever they call it) with VR trash mobs doing huge dps and having huge health is still there, was not fixed and you can be unlucky and jump on some of them here and there.

Memory leak is game breaking to turn the things even worst.

Bots are coming back sooner than expected.

Patience, at least mine, has limits. I'm not having fun anymore and the only thing I could do, in frustration, was hit the cancel subscription button.
  • harnessedyeti9
    harnessedyeti9
    ✭✭✭
    game currently unplayable due to the huge memory leak

Same here.
  • Queripel
    Queripel
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. They fixed my first hurdle - the VR difficulty. Now I'm crashing every 35 to 60 minutes. Wonderful patch.
    -
    Sub just canceled. I'm not paying for a game I can't play.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Queripel wrote: »
    Yup. They fixed my first hurdle - the VR difficulty. Now I'm crashing every 35 to 60 minutes. Wonderful patch.
    -

Yeah, a bug in a patch that isn't fixed within 12 hours warrants canceling a game subscription that you otherwise like. /not-really :) Give it a little time, obviously they're working on the new patch.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a bug in a patch that isn't fixed within 12 hours warrants canceling a game subscription that you otherwise like. /not-really :) Give it a little time, obviously they're working on the new patch.

12 hours? I think we are past 50 hours now.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. Just a quick update: we just released a hotfix for the memory leak issue and infinite load screen issue on the NA megaserver -- it'll be up on the EU megaserver in about 4-5 hours. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    -

I'm on 55 hours or so now without the ability to log on because it times out, then 301's, times out, 301's, rinse and repeat.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone bothered to keep track of how long a server restart takes for eso? Not used to patches or hotfixes without restarts.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Usually it's 4 hours for them to restart the servers.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    -

I'm on 55 hours or so now without the ability to log on because it times out, then 301's, times out, 301's, rinse and repeat.

And not even two minutes before this, there was an admin post with your answer. 55 hours, you literally kept track that closely? The exact time wasn't really my point...
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    -

And not even two minutes before this, there was an admin post with your answer. 55 hours, you literally kept track that closely? The exact time wasn't really my point...

And that's why I commented on it not being fixed.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually it's 4 hours for them to restart the servers.

If that's the minimum time for a restart, that's a huge disadvange for the megaserver. Realm restarts usually take less than 15 minutes.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling restarts usually take 1-2 minutes but they didn't want to use current technology it appears.