Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Idea for a New Werewolf Skill

Jandle2013ub17_ESO
So it seems to be a pretty clear consensus that werewolves got the short end of the stick in ESO. Most people complain about 2 things, being the lack of skills in werewolf form and the time it takes to transform. Judging by the passives given to werewolves its pretty clear werewolves were intended to hunt in packs, but I feel that even in a pack those that die will have a difficult time rejoining due to the time it takes to charge enough ultimate. I feel that all of these issues could be pretty well improved by adding an active werewolf roar skill that speeds up the transformation process for nearby ally werewolves in human form. This would give a third skill, and better encourage pack formation and teamplay between werewolves, making them a more viable option. Not sure if there's any big hole in this idea, or if it had already been posed, any thoughts?
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost never see a werewolf in game and don't get why they had skills nerfed this patch. I've never known anyone to have a problem with them.
    It's certainly an interesting idea, but as werewolves are a rare breed (no pun intended) I can't see this being a very usable skill. Perhaps if werewolves were more commonplace to the point where they were running in packs a skill like this would be of more use.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    I almost never see a werewolf in game and don't get why they had skills nerfed this patch. I've never known anyone to have a problem with them.
    It's certainly an interesting idea, but as werewolves are a rare breed (no pun intended) I can't see this being a very usable skill. Perhaps if werewolves were more commonplace to the point where they were running in packs a skill like this would be of more use.

You probably do see them, but never in werewolf form. It takes forever to get the ultimate built up for the transformation and the entire time you're doing that all your progress could disappear at any moment.

They weren't really nerfed either, though I absolutely agree they could use a little love. One passive had it's benefit reduced at rank one, but rank two remained unchanged. This effectively just gives you more benefit out of investing that second skill point.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Jandle2013ub17_ESO
    Like Glurin said, I feel like there are still people holding onto ww in hopes it will become viable, and those people practically can't or don't use it right now because of how tedious it is. And even if there's no werewolves, that kind of just goes to show how underpowered it is to the point no one chooses it (even my stamina builds went vamp because I find it all around better). I just feel that making it more viable will increase the number of transformed werewolves we'd see, making them something other than humans who never bother changing
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People always talk about the time to charge up ultimate for a Werewolf. I personally find that the duration of being in wolf form is also unimpressive. For the amount of investment, you really don't get much back. Devour appears (at least since my last gameplay) to only function once. Sure you can devour more times, but it doesn't actually appear to add time beyond the first. I'd be curious to know if this is otherwise. Given how glitchy it was, and how rare it is to actually change forms, I suppose I could mark the issue up to glitches. Anyone else feel the same way though?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Jandle2013ub17_ESO
    I think in my experience I could devour more than one corpse to extend duration, so that sounds more like a bug, but my issue is more that those who are hunting together and die cant well rejoin the pack due to the large chargeup time, no matter how long their transformation lasts.