Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenimax! Your turn now!

bogurb16_ESO
First of all. English is not my native language. I hope you all can understand me.
Today i was mopping up some old quest in Bankorai when i saw this outside Nilata Ruins. Zenimax, now you must do something! As you can see i canceled my sub this morning. But if you ban this team off 10 bots in a train i will activate it again! You must struck down hard on this bloody bots/farmers. Now it's your chans in real time to swing the mighty ban hammer around! Here is video. And i do not care about names. I canceled my sub this morning due to this and Scheme of gods!
Here!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on 24 May 2014 15:26
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess nerfing biting jabs didn't work as planned. So please, give it back to us as it was pre-patch, and actually take care of the problem.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wohoo loved the music, multi-boxing to the max.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    Kill those bots, KILL EM KILL EM!!!

Seriously ZOS. Sic em
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    I guess nerfing biting jabs didn't work as planned. So please, give it back to us as it was pre-patch, and actually take care of the problem.

Truth!
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is: they have only two servers, NA and EU, so they wouldn't even need a ton of employees to do 24/7 GM-Botkiller duty. Yet, only once did I encounter a GM announcing his presence in zone chat with his intention to kill bots.

Am I missing something, or why do I ALWAYS encounter these bot trains that can go on and on unhindered while I hit F1 and scream bloody murder?

I understand that even banning more or less obvious bots has to have some form of due process to avoid tragic mistakes against simple minded but innocent human grinders, but I can't believe it can be that difficult/expensive for Zenimax to increase or even introduce a regular GM-Botkiller shift.

Why not have the majority of Zenimax regular staff schedule in a daily hour of bot hunting into their regular work day?
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    One additional addendum for the Templar skill Biting Jabs:

In patch 1.1.2, we increased the internal cooldown of Biting Jabs from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds. Unfortunately, this change was not documented in the patch notes. This was not intended, and we do apologize.

This change was made to balance the ability's high single target damage. However we have been reading your feedback, and agree that the ability feels too unresponsive now. We will be reverting this change for the next patch (as soon as possible), and instead will slightly increase the ability's resource cost.
    Post edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on May 23
    Jessica Folsom
    Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Support

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100211/patch-notes-v1-1-2#latest
  • beefers96
    beefers96
    The same thing was happening in the Alik'r Desert. People were calling for a GM but no one answered their prayers. There's only two servers. There's no reason why a few GMs couldn't be on, with their own specific "chat channel" for situations like this. I'm sure that there *has* to be work going on to combat bots behind the scenes, but trust me... absolutely nothing would restore player confidence like a GM dropping from the sky and bringing down the hammer.
  • Azphira
    Azphira
    ✭✭✭
    Full revert, the way it was, no games or crap whatsoever. No delay, no cost increase, any of it.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    @Azphira‌

not going to happen; devs think the skill was unbalanced the way it was so they'll tweak it one way or the other.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why they don't see this as an opportunity. They are a business company yes? Damn it ZOS, start putting advertisements out for new employees to become GMs and BOT KILLERS. Damn it, I would take such a job given the chance if it can be done from my home computer. Not even kidding here, being serious, and I bet 1000s of others who play ESO would too. WE DONT WANT THIS GAME TO DIE.
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "This change was made to balance the ability's high single target damage" and yet no DK skills were nerfed. lets face it jabs isnt even that great for single target dps.
    Edited by Jeremy_gelber_ESO on 24 May 2014 15:28
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is: they have only two servers, NA and EU, so they wouldn't even need a ton of employees to do 24/7 GM-Botkiller duty. Yet, only once did I encounter a GM announcing his presence in zone chat with his intention to kill bots.

I'm sure you do realize that even though there is only 2 region megaservers, it doesn't mean just 2 server machines. Also that on one megaserver not everyone is on the same instance. Just pulling numbers out of my hat but let's say there is 100 persons per instance, and 10000 people playing. It means there is 100 different instances running. So GM needs to visit every single one of those to find the bots in action and then ban them.

Not saying the bots shouldn't be dealt with, but it really is not as easy as you say it would be. Automatic systems should be in place to deal most of them.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »

I don't play that class, but I can't disagree. If stuff needs nerfing in PvP for balance, then nerf it in PvP. There is no reason to nerf anything much in PvE where we are not competing against one another, so stop doing it. And fix any broken skills whilst you're at it!
    Edited by Epona222 on 24 May 2014 16:00
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    "This change was made to balance the ability's high single target damage" and yet no DK skills were nerfed. lets face it jabs isnt even that great for single target dps.

Umm, before they nerfed it...it was the highest dps (non ultimate)skill in the game. Nothing else came close. Even with the cooldown, it might still be the highest.

What DK ability are you even talking about that has higher DPS?
  • Randeth
    Randeth
    The bot problem would nearly go away if they just made farming nodes individualized like bags, boxes, etc (just like it is in GW2). Then the only thing they would be taking from real players is Mobs.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all. English is not my native language. I hope you all can understand me.
    Today i was mopping up some old quest in Bankorai when i saw this outside Nilata Ruins. Zenimax, now you must do something! As you can see i canceled my sub this morning. But if you ban this team off 10 bots in a train i will activate it again! You must struck down hard on this bloody bots/farmers. Now it's your chans in real time to swing the mighty ban hammer around! Here is video. And i do not care about names. I canceled my sub this morning due to this and Scheme of gods!
    Here!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]

Ye go and play other mmo till they ban the bots. but be aware, in other mmos will be bots too lawl. better dont even play anymore.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

Ye go and play other mmo till they ban the bots. but be aware, in other mmos will be bots too lawl. better dont even play anymore.

Wrong. Other games have drastically reduced and/or eliminated bots via changes in the gaming structure and/or militant management of bots via in game GM's.

Marvel Heroes has virtually NO bots. what. so. ever. their game design took INTO ACCOUNT botters, and they designed their loot, their vendors, and the game rewards around the idea of preventing Botters from even having something to bot. No bots there.

SWtOR eliminates Bots by creating a market where people can invest in the game to get their thrills instead of investing in Goldsellers. Why pay money to a goldseller, who may hack your account, when you can pay money to the game developer, and get cool stuff you can either use, or sell for more money then you'd get from the goldsellers?

you see bots on occasion in that game, but they are the exception, not the norm. this game is so ripe for botters in it's design, its limited access to resources, that its equivilant to taking bacon grease and squirting it on a petri dish and leaving it in the sun for a day.

They are CREATING a positive environment for botters, and then when people complain about them, they make changes to skills that IMPACT PLAYERS to try and get rid of botters. and it doesn't work....because they forget the one cardinal rule of botters. they will exist as long as theirs a market. doesn't matter how tough you make your security, if they can still make enough money off of the botting/hacking, they will find a way to get past your security.

Take away their money source...you take away the botters.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »
    One additional addendum for the Templar skill Biting Jabs:

In patch 1.1.2, we increased the internal cooldown of Biting Jabs from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds. Unfortunately, this change was not documented in the patch notes. This was not intended, and we do apologize.

This change was made to balance the ability's high single target damage. However we have been reading your feedback, and agree that the ability feels too unresponsive now. We will be reverting this change for the next patch (as soon as possible), and instead will slightly increase the ability's resource cost.
    Post edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on May 23
    Jessica Folsom
    Community Manager (English) - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Support

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100211/patch-notes-v1-1-2#latest

Look at the PVP Populations! Look at the over-all game population! You are killing it!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar