Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone getting a 'Food-Buff' bug?

PoisonedPaint
PoisonedPaint
✭✭✭
Hey, as the title says... whenever I use a Blue-grade or a purple-grade food item, the Health stays for the whole duration, but the magicka and the stamina sometimes go back to their original basic stats after a while. I still have the effect of the health buff, but no stamina or magicka. It also happens with green-grade stamina and magicka food. Is anyone else having this problem? I have another friend who think they are having the same problem too.
@PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, as the title says... whenever I use a Blue-grade or a purple-grade food item, the Health stays for the whole duration, but the magicka and the stamina sometimes go back to their original basic stats after a while. I still have the effect of the health buff, but no stamina or magicka. It also happens with green-grade stamina and magicka food. Is anyone else having this problem? I have another friend who think they are having the same problem too.

Are you positive that the buff isn't staying? There has always been a bug where the "length" of the stamina & magicka bars went back to normal, while the health bar stayed longer while under a food buff. That being the case, the actual stat was still buffed.

Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭

Are you positive that the buff isn't staying? There has always been a bug where the "length" of the stamina & magicka bars went back to normal, while the health bar stayed longer while under a food buff. That being the case, the actual stat was still buffed.

The length is what I'm talking about, yeah--though it definitely seems like the stats aren't staying after the length decreases.
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • Vendersleigh
    Vendersleigh
    ✭✭✭
    It happens to me as soon as I use a wayshrine or zone in any way.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it seems to just be a display issue - if you look at your character screen, you see that whichever stats you buffed are still buffed, it's just confusing because the magicka or stamina bar will go back to normal un-buffed size on relogging, dying, zoning, using a wayshrine etc.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.