Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mobs who use volley...too much damage.

peeslingerb14_ESO
peeslingerb14_ESO
✭✭✭
After looking at a lot of death recaps it's notable that archer mobs who volley are doing 1000 to 1500 damage to players. These are just trash mobs. And against players with hard capped armor.
  • Dazmilan09
    Then move and quit standing in the red. You're complaining about one of the most easily avoidable attacks in the game.
  • peeslingerb14_ESO
    peeslingerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Easier said than done.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    I don't know, usually when I see a big red circle under my character, I roll out as quick as I can.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if the volley from our bows actually did that much damage.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, I don't think I've ever been hit by volley the entire time I've played ESO. It has an extremely narrow contact surface.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    This reminds me when the graphic for volley in WoW was changed, and it looked you were spurt spurt spurting. LOL
  • peeslingerb14_ESO
    peeslingerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you guys are right. When I'm in dungeons in vr content I have a full stamina bar and I'm constantly looking at my feet in order to avoid the one attack that does 300 percent more damage than what bosses typically do.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    Yeah you guys are right. When I'm in dungeons in vr content I have a full stamina bar and I'm constantly looking at my feet in order to avoid the one attack that does 300 percent more damage than what bosses typically do.

I am guessing that you have not tanked dungeons that often (assuming your role is a tank, while in the dungeon) It's not all jab the mobs with the pointy end of your sword, and throwing random insults to make them mad at you. You gotta know when to mitigate damage and move out of the bad as well. Your healer will love you for this, by the way.

Edit: Just wanted to add if you are dps, your job is to pew pew, but still move out of the bad. Your healer will also love you for that.
    Edited by magickats242cub18_ESO on 24 May 2014 04:21
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    also don't forget that mobs health/damage is still baroke. Patch did squat. wait till they fix it and check then.

though I agree...This is the first MMO I've EVER played where the trash mobs had more health then you did....and did more damage. man, i wish my Rain of arrows did that much. You would think that they would at least balance it based on what the actual players do...sheesh....
  • Millionaires
    Millionaires
    ✭✭✭
    So a game finally does dungeon mobs right, and everyone complains about it.. do you want the dungeon mobs to be like they are in FF: ARR? Where they're laughable and you're able to one hit them.

It's a dungeon, you're with 3 other players, of course the mobs will have higher health and do more damage, the width of the Volley is like 2cm wide, you shouldn't be standing still to get hit by it, or interrupt the archer casting it, it's not that hard.