Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How much longer till i can get the phone call so i can attempt to cancel my sub.

MrBeatDown
MrBeatDown
✭✭✭✭
Ive logged into my account so i could cancel my sub with these guys and they are tying to make me agree to more terms of service.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/register/accept-new-document

I refuse to agree to anything else.
also when you go to the link to cancel a subscription through the Terms of service you get this

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/register/support.bethsoft.com

I just want a phone call with customer support so I can see about cancelling my 6 month sub. I want to get partially pro rated refund. Whats so hard about allowing the customer to access there account to cancel a sub? Why do you want me to agree to new terms? Its blatantly obvious that you don't care about how many people you are about to loose over your little bash nerf. Its probably the biggest intentional mistake this company has made since the game launched. I don't have time for these silly games with gutting V10 characters and just leaving it at that. No Thank YOU!!!!

We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you luck, I changed my sub from 6 moth to monthly just before launch.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you see the game they are now trying to play
    I didn't have to Agree to anything else with the new patch being downloaded through the client. Now to cancel a sub they want me to sign another agreement. I think that is illegal.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I paid for 3 months and i am debating now on calling them. My templar is pretty much useless now unless in a group.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like getting the run around from people that are holding my credit card information on there files and trying to Coerce me into agreeing to more terms before I can cancel the services they provide.

I think they may be violating some kind of laws by forcing me to sign more agreements to access my account information to unsubscribe for services.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I please get a moderator to comment please. Or do you need to consult with your attorneys before the issue can be resolved?
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't think ive had to deal with Blizzard Entertainment before? You people are crazy...
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »
    Can I please get a moderator to comment please. Or do you need to consult with your attorneys before the issue can be resolved?

The only moderator comment you're going to get will most likely be a canned response about how they understand people leave, and this thread getting closed.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • ZOS_CarolusS
    ZOS_CarolusS
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @MrBeatdown, as stated in this thread, if you wish to cancel a purchase of the game and obtain a refund, you have to contact our Customer Support team, as we do not provide account or billing support on the forums due to the sensitive nature of the information involved.
    We have created a ticket for you and we will answer this ticket as soon as possible.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 24 May 2014 02:28
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck. I've already been billed for 3 months, which I was certain I'd have been around at least. I couldn't have fathomed the magnitude of disappointment nearly every little thing having to do with the game would provide.
    Unfortunately, I believe they expected this and it was indeed a quick cash grab.
    To get in game at all and activate your "free" 30 days, you're required to set up a sub plan. They most likely assumed the game would have gone to the dogs and thus banked on people like myself, who paid for more than one month in advance unknowing of just what we would be paying for. That way, they can still make several months of sub pay off of the seemingly endless droves of like minded people who only played for one (or less) of those months which was paid for.
    If this is the case, it is an absolutely shameful business tactic.
    As it stands I'm trying to make the most of my subscription with full intention of cancelling immediately before my next billing unless they fix the game entirely. But let's face it. 2 months remain.
    Can they really revamp all the mundane, time wasting fetch quests? Can they bring variety to the plethora of tedious copy & pasted dungeons? Can they add something more to the pvp which feels stale far sooner than it should? Can they fix the endless stream of uninteresting dialogue? Can they patch the multitude of bugs players run into on a daily basis? In 2 months? I don't think so. I don't have the faith in this game to pay more sub fees to wait it out until they do fix the massive amount of problems it has.
    Edited by skarvika on 23 May 2014 06:08
    QQing is a full time job
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »

The only moderator comment you're going to get will most likely be a canned response about how they understand people leave, and this thread getting closed.

I was lucky. I subbed for 6 months in early access but changed to a one month sub just before first month was due.

I canceled today.

Good luck all.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings @MrBeatdown, as stated in this thread, if you wish to cancel a purchase of the game and obtain a refund, you have t ocntact our Customer Support team, as we do not provide account or billing support on the forums due to the sensitive nature of the information involved.
    I have created a ticket for you and we will answer this ticket as soon as possible.

Huh, guess I was wrong. Now how about you guys get to responding on the other SEVERAL threads talking about new issues caused by your patch?
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    Best of luck. I've already been billed for 3 months, which I was certain I'd have been around at least. I couldn't have fathomed the magnitude of disappointment nearly every little thing having to do with the game would provide.
    Unfortunately, I believe they expected this and it was indeed a quick cash grab.
    To get in game at all and activate your "free" 30 days, you're required to set up a sub plan. They most likely assumed the game would have gone to the dogs and thus banked on people like myself, who paid for more than one month in advance unknowing of just what we would be paying for. That way, they can still make several months of sub pay off of the seemingly endless droves of like minded people who only played for one (or less) of those months which was paid for.

Yes they have cash grabbed. I totally agree now that I see the nerf. THey expect us to make new characters from scratch so that will prolong our use of the service. In reality I just wanted 1 character to play on and that is it. I could have played my character several years and had much enjoyment off of it until this intentional nerf. The nerf is just another attempt at a cash grab.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »

Yes they have cash grabbed. I totally agree now that I see the nerf. THey expect us to make new characters from scratch so that will prolong our use of the service. In reality I just wanted 1 character to play on and that is it. I could have played my character several years and had much enjoyment off of it until this intentional nerf. The nerf is just another attempt at a cash grab.
    The biggest slap in the face players received by this game was the lie which served as the selling point of the game: You will be able to play however you want and be just as useful as the next person. That it would break the all-too-common formula of tank, dps and healer. Then you get in game and see the grouping lists "preferred roles." Oh. Tank. DPS. Healer.
    Cookie cutter builds came out of the woodwork faster than the speed of light and the game was dominated by one single build. Dragonknight vampires with shield and sword.
    The fact that players were able to figure this out so quickly is what really makes it stand out that the game's main selling point was really just a lot of bs. Absolutely despicable imo
    QQing is a full time job
  • Virescent
    Virescent
    You guys paid up front to get a reduced rate, and now you want to cancel early and get a prorated refund? The entire point of multiple-month subs is that you're committing for a longer term in exchange for a lower monthly rate.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on 24 May 2014 03:42
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Moderator probably read your comment and posted without closing. They should do that more and let the thread run longer when necessary.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Virescent wrote: »
    You guys paid up front to get a reduced rate, and now you want to cancel early and get a prorated refund? The entire point of multiple-month subs is that you're committing for a longer term in exchange for a lower monthly rate. I hope they tell you to *** off.

If they tell me to *** off then it is obvious that this game is going down the toilet really fast. If they cant afford to refund on a pro rated base because they broke the game, then that shows everybody how Poor and Cash strapped they have become. Its almost a dishonest service to provide. But to not allow me to cancel my sub without signing another agreement is probably illegal.

• Catkicker
    Catkicker
    Garetth wrote: »

I was lucky. I subbed for 6 months in early access but changed to a one month sub just before first month was due.

I canceled today.

Good luck all.

pretty much what i did. only i'd only did the 3 month sub pre-launch.

i have 19 days left on my sub, tonights patch fubared so much its hard to believe, and i didnt even get out of town to try to hunt. in 15 minutes i had more bugs(stuck in a door, esc key not resonding((good thing alt-F4 still works) sound issues). zenimax has lost me, they have 19 days to give me a reason to resub.
  • Striker_Lightbringer
    Striker_Lightbringer
    Soul Shriven
    I also had problems when i unsubbed like 2-3 weeks ago. Could not log in to my account because i needed the code via email cuz the browser made an update and the email codes never came in time. This game / company has lots of problems. You should call your attorney but i dont think ZeniMax cares about you and this game. ZeniMax is an over a billion $ company they will ditch the team and this project, salvage what they can and move to their next investment.
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    You do realize that these are the General Forums, and no one can help you here? Maybe if you ask nicely, a mod might move this topic to the Customer Support forum, where the proper people can help.

Good luck.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Its blatantly obvious that you don't care about how many people you are about to loose over your little bash nerf. "

LOOOOL Exploiters who exploited a game failmechanic to beat enemy with lolbashspamming crap are canceling subs!!! Wohoo!!!!!!!! no more lolexploiters then? LET EM CANCEL PLS!!!!
  • Vengitto55
    Vengitto55
    Soul Shriven
    So last week my sub ran out, I have a separate card I use for internet purchases/gaming/ etc... I decide to give ZOS another month and pay them... account is double billed, money frozen by bank, no subscription... wait the 5 days or so for the cash to be released back into the account, contact ZOS about the situation and they assure me I can proceed to subscribe again. I try again and sure enough... 14.99 x2 shows up on my account. So whatever bills or anything else I may have wanted to use that 15 dollars for is inaccessible for another week. OKAY FINE.... I log in and resume my questing mission. First quest up and only quest on my docket at the moment... Kill Septima Tharn and rescue King Emeric.... COOL! One small problem, when I go to attack the boss she clones herself and nukes me. LOL another bug.
    Well, I think I'm about done with this game at this point. Grouping is lackluster, storage management consumes 30% of game time... And I'm sick of trying to decipher who is who and is saying what in chat because of the @account name ID used when talking in game.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vengitto55 wrote: »
    Kill Septima Tharn and rescue King Emeric.... COOL! One small problem, when I go to attack the boss she clones herself and nukes me.

Thought that's one of her skills?
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions