Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What have they done?

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
Are we seeing a mass exodus from eso?

Is it just me or did half of my guild and the other 4 guilds I am in just say that they would NOT renew their subs?

Why is everyone so unhappy with eso?

Is it the never ending stream of bugs, un-completable quests, and glitches?

Could it be the severe class imbalances?

Or the time old classic, "The games economy failed after 12 days"...

Seriously... What have they done?
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're probably going to announce a total server shutdown in the next month. They'll hopefully redo the game like FFXIV 1.0 to 2.0 did.

It was their first try, but unfortunately they failed.
    Better luck next time.
  • Allchix
    Allchix
    Soul Shriven
    Copy and paste from an earlier post of mine. I am VR 10 and referring to forced grouping in craglorn:

Well, Craglorn came out today and sadly I have to say that I cancelled my sub.

Yes, this is a MMO and I do like grouping, I really do. But for the love of God, I don't want to do EVERYTHING in a group.

I know this game is not designed around me, but what is wrong with open world solo quests, a group dungeon a day, and a raid twice a week?

I don’t like to be "committed" to a group all the time. Sometimes I just want to finish one quest and take a break for 10minutes, sometimes I want to play for 3 hours straight, but I don’t know that in beforehand. I don’t feel like I have the freedom to choose with constantly being forced to be in a group.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just that my definition of fun is a different than the developers. And trust me, I am sad to go.

Well, 16 days game time left.
    Edited by Allchix on 24 May 2014 05:56
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they're probably going to announce a total server shutdown in the next month. They'll hopefully redo the game like FFXIV 1.0 to 2.0 did.

It was their first try, but unfortunately they failed.
    Better luck next time.

Well, coming into this I had very high hopes for the game. The carelessness shown by releasing a game into retail before the CG is even finished alone shows they had no regard for the millions of loyal TES fans supporting the title.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a multitude of things really.
    A lot of people are leaving for different reasons, but I believe the most common ones would be class imbalance and bugs as you said, coupled with nerfs and a feeling of general coldness to the players and lack of caring to make a quality product. Checking the forums and the facebook page, it seems that this game is going down like the titanic, and players may also be leaving because they feel that this game has been doomed from the start. I even know of a few players who have actually managed to sell their accounts.
    For me, it's just about everything save music and world design. I could go on for a good several paragraphs about everything I dislike about this game and the way it and its many problems are being handled. I do like the general aesthetic of the game quite a bit, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about ESO at this point.
    QQing is a full time job
  • YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    Allchix wrote: »
    Copy and paste from an earlier post of mine:

Yes, this is a MMO and I do like grouping, I really do. But for the love of God, I don't want to do EVERYTHING in a group.

I know this game is not designed around me, but what is wrong with open world solo quests, a group dungeon a day, and a raid twice a week?

I don’t like to be "committed" to a group all the time. Sometimes I just want to finish one quest and take a break for 10minutes, sometimes I want to play for 3 hours straight, but I don’t know that in beforehand. I don’t feel like I have the freedom to choose with constantly being forced to be in a group.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just that my definition of fun is a different than the developers. And trust me, I am sad to go.

I did anything except 5 man dungeons solo. ANY quest, every open dungeon and most world bosses and anchors so far. Until lvl 50 its very easy and beyond 50 some world bosses are not soloable.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. You guys are cute. I have a little over five months that I paid for that I'm not going to let go to waste. It's going to be a long strange journey, but I don't see how it could get worse. I guess I've got that going for me.
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have just spent my entire morning once again dealing with Customer Support. Skills not working, could not access these forums, could not log into game, never ending waiting for character page, in game issues with character changes and so forth.
    Is this new to me, nope. This is a never ending process of attempting to play the game for one full day without incident. Perhaps this is not happening to everyone but I would bet it is for a lot of customers.
    Add that I entered Root Sunder Ruins to quest when I logged in after the patch and there were without exaggeration some 30+ bots in there, I just stood, watched and laughed. The total chaos in there was staggering.
    I logged off and watched a movie. I am doing this a lot lately.
  • Allchix
    Allchix
    Soul Shriven
    YuccaPalm wrote: »

I did anything except 5 man dungeons solo. ANY quest, every open dungeon and most world bosses and anchors so far. Until lvl 50 its very easy and beyond 50 some world bosses are not soloable.

I too did everything alone that us supposed to be do able alone up to VR10. I am talking about Craglorn. The whole zone is balanced for groups.
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Add this to my list of complaints. If I want to group I will, for dungeons and raids. How the heck can anyone group in open world and explore it completely.

I am in a group. Oh there is a ore, other player rushes past me and get's it.
    I am in a group. Wonder what is over there? Runs to check...removed from group.
    I am in a group. A chest. I get it, group is run down the hill killing group of mobs without me.
    I am in a group. I want to explore this house or town. Group does not. What should I do?

And so on and so on and so on....

Out side in open world is for solo exploration. Finding lore books, chests, materials, discovery and so forth, not for grouping to level as fast as possible or level together because solo is not productive.