Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

HighElf Vamp Sorc Or Darkelf?

daihok75b14_ESO
daihok75b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Im just curious if anyone has Highelf vamp sorc and maybe wish they would have gone darkelf instead, just to not have to give up that extra jewelry slot for fire resist?. Just something I been thinking about I have highelf vamp sorc at vr1 now but have really considered rerolling Darkelf.
Edited by daihok75b14_ESO on 24 May 2014 01:01
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High Elf.

Although if you want to be a vamp, the fire resist would be nice.

• skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a sorc I'd personally go with high elf.
    QQing is a full time job
  • daihok75b14_ESO
    daihok75b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yea but being Vamp you don't think giving up jewelry slot has effected you in anyway? Im just really stumped on this. Just been bugging me all day I love the look of the Highelf but the fire resist from darkelf seems like would also bring a lot to table freeing up that slot for extra set bonus from armor.
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    For leveling/questing/soloing content I'd say that it doesn't really matter and High Elf is the way to go.

Perhaps for end content, min/maxing, raiding....
    Well, they pretty much want you to drop vamp since most of the bosses deal fire damage. :p So at a GUESS if they let a vamp in, it would probably have to be Dark Elf?

I have not done any testing/calculation on whether or not High Elf passives would be better or worse than any benefits you get from jewelry.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a vamp, but I don't wear fire resist gear. I am a templar, so i am just careful around fire and heal myself.