Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

VRing a Player's Original Faction

aeroch
aeroch
✭✭✭
It would be a nice addition if a player's faction zones were Veteran Ranked after a certain point. For instance, upon completion of Cadwell's Silver or Cadwell's Gold.

I've been VR10 for two or three days and there's not much point in going home, so to speak. Much of the trade that I'm interested in happens in VR zones and the other factions' cities, and any resources I'm interested in farming are only found in the other factions' zones.

My proposal would be an option to turn on/off the Gold-level VR content for your home faction, similar to the Regular/Veteran setting available for dungeons, so that higher level players would have an incentive to return to their starting zones. This would also allow higher level players to interact with lower level players and phase back to the regular, non-Veteran content. I'd also suggest keeping Veteran and non-Veteran players in the same phases while in major cities regardless of a player's Regular/Veteran setting.

I suppose this could dilute the concentration of high level population more than the designers intended, but I think it would be a change for the best. I'm not big on immersion or lore in the least, but I still find it annoying that the zones in my faction are useless to revisit unless I'm helping a lower level friend or visiting for nostalgia's sake.

Ty for reading guys
Edited by aeroch on 22 May 2014 17:12
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it will become Cadwell's Platinum someday.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love if they make the players faction into VR12 content.

Do not make the players repeat the quest or storyline again though.
    Example: I finish the opposing two factions and unlock the VR12 content. The zones are still completed and everything is the way I left it when I left the zone at the lower levels but new trouble is brewing.

Each zone has solo missions and group missions that are randomly selected per player (group members will get same one). A player can do one a day in each zone (basically they are keeping the peace). Have a good selection of Missions and it would not get stale as fast as most daily quest get.
  • squeeze
    squeeze
    The irony is that you will spend far more time effectively in the OTHER two factions than your own faction, even from questing alone since it is more than two-thirds of your questing.

For example, I started as AD on Live. Now, I almost wish I had started as EP, so I finally end up as AD, or if I were a serious gatherer started as DC, so I ended up in gathering heaven zones of EP.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...THe developers on the Ask Me ANything they did several weeks go stated they were "looking into" making this a possibility.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...THe developers on the Ask Me ANything they did several weeks go stated they were "looking into" making this a possibility.

I hope they do, but instead of a VR12 home zones, have your home faction zones correspond to your VR level.