Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zen you should have refunded all Skill Points on nerf of DK S+B

Stratti
Stratti
✭✭✭✭✭
Firstly I agree with the nerf. Please no one derail this by talking about the nerfs there are other threads for that.

I appreciated the few points back for bash thank you . Despite this Zen it isn't good enough. I did a complete respec to optimise shield bash and a bit into an off spec.

When a nerf is so considerable that it makes a rotation that was popular no longer viable I propose we get a full respec so as to adjust our toon to the changes appropriately.

This should be , in my view, a matter of course on a major balancing nerf
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight, you respeced to optimize your character for a known exploit and now that ZOS has patched that exploit, you want your skill points back for free?
    confused24.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on 23 May 2014 23:21
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, you respeced to optimize your character for a known exploit and now that ZOS has patched that exploit, you want your skill points back for free?
    confused24.gif

It was not an exploit it was an ability that required balancing. It is an ability that because of the balancing has made the entire character unplayable in its form . Since this was done without any warning at all then we should get a full respec free.

It's a suggestion that other games do - WoW for example on many occasions not just refund 1-3 points . But then the little fail trolls like you are getting lamer every day.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on 23 May 2014 23:57
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's recap you called using shield bash an exploit. ( incorrect understanding of the term)

Also you don't understand why refunding skill points for a toon with an overhauled class mechanic that requires a redistribution of a number of skills , is needed (I thought it obvious )

Your reply to me calling you out is 'I know you are but what am I'

Incidentally I don't need a respec as I have the abilities I need already levelled just need to swap some around on action bar.

I was referring to a policy of refunding one ability that you should put it anyway

Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on 23 May 2014 23:57
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fight fight fight fight
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His on the canvas trying to google a response
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 23 May 2014 23:59
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway I am out

If people care about this topic please post. If you troll please don't , unless your funny or original then do
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's recap you called using shield bash an exploit.

I never said shield bash was an exploit.
    The exploit was in a know to be broken game mechanic that involved shield bash.
    While those two things may sound similar to the uneducated, they are in fact very different.

You said in your post that you specifically respeced your character around a (known to be broken) game mechanic.

You knew the nerf hammer would eventually come down on your character and now you're here asking for a skill point refund?
    confused24.gif

Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 24 May 2014 00:00
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. We need all discussion on our forums to be constructive and respectful. Please continue to engage in thoughtful discussions and not personal attacks. If you have any questions, be sure to review our Code of Conduct.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks , apologies I wish some would read a post before responding to it.

It's simple they should refund all skill points so we can respec our toon toward other abilities . The bash refund was not really helpful as I definitely bypassed some things thinking my dps was fine .

It's more for future reference then now but it seems any post brings out the trolls thse days