Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

WHY

dcincali
dcincali
✭✭✭✭
Do i need to find a group to clear some vr2 mobs as a vr5? WTH.. Really? I've got the vr5 gear, skill set etc... But 2 mobs will completely *** me. Can we vote kick this patch please.. Thanks!!
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...yes there are already 139820412390847192834710928347091235091324758109237548123754812734981032471843908174 threads about this.

PLez try to search forums first before posting a NEW thread thank u....
    Indeed it is so...
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...yes there are already 139820412390847192834710928347091235091324758109237548123754812734981032471843908174 threads about this.

You forgot to use commas.
  • Galen_the_Black
    Galen_the_Black
    Soul Shriven
    According to the original game design of Veteran level play, the enemies are supposed to be much tougher than the normal game that grouping was necessary to play at that level.

So yes I believe that it is working as intended.

If group play was the intended goal then the devs must have been surprised when most players soloed Veteran level gameplay.

The numerous posts about easy mode and lack of challenges at Veteran level certainly got thier attention and may have caused them to go a bit overboard in buffing up the difficulty.

Still Craglorn is supposed to be a group level zone and impossible for solo players so the increased difficulty may be there to get players to be used to the kind of opposition they will get at that zone.

Without an official announcement from the devs we will never know, only speculate.
    Just my 2 Septims.
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    Some builds will inevitably find higher level content difficult. Of course, I suspect none of those builds incorporate Volcanic Rune...

*cough*

That was a hint. ;) Use Volcanic Rune, and your life will be 10 times easier. It's probably the best CC in the game right now, except maybe Talons (which doesn't help at all if you aren't a DK.) There are enough lorebooks in the leveling zones to learn that skill before you enter VR ranks, so you don't have to suffer through any VR content without it, if you don't want to (and if you see it as suffering.)

I was soloing some of the Craglorn content today with my Templar (and my build isn't all that special, trust me; it's a hodge podge of things I'm trying to rank up.) Volcanic Rune is 100% the only reason I was able to solo in that zone.

-Travail.
    Edited by Travail on 23 May 2014 09:04
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man cant wait to log on and experience the new buffed up vet content.
    If its really that much harder already have a couple of ideas to beef up my build to counter it :D Servers still under maintenance though.
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    keep them comming before the titanic sinks to the bottem.
    it was already bad to grind trough veteran ranks, it already made tons of people quit.
    And instead of making it better !!! they managed to make it 1000 times worse !

Zenimax is out to kill of the rest of the people that were still grinding veteran contend.
    It seems they want to do Wildstar and Archeage a favor and let all these players unsub to enjoy another mmo.

They are doing a fine job at that !
    Veteran ranks.........where you are forced to eat your own vomit, over and over and over again.
    days / weeks / months on end.....and VR15 is comming right at ya boys !!!
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    Do i need to find a group to clear some vr2 mobs as a vr5? WTH.. Really? I've got the vr5 gear, skill set etc... But 2 mobs will completely *** me. Can we vote kick this patch please.. Thanks!!

What are you talking about? Are you just a DK or an "aoe' er " ? I managed to get to VR10 before patch with my nightblade and I didn't use any of the cookie cutter builds. Adapting to the changes is the key.
  • Hornex
    Hornex
    ✭✭

It is supposed to be hard, it's not supposed to be a single player game. Get some friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5Sv4M9LYc
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    what some people dont seem to understand is that the game got its funding, and a decent number of initial subs, in large part because of the franchise. the franchise is a single player, free world, pve game.

this game is a forced group, linear, pvp based game. one should expect some people to push back against that.

that most of the design changes seem to be based on either pvp or the betterment of 'power gamers' to the detriment of pve or casual gamers should be expected to exacerbate this complaints.

for those that like the changes, dont worry the complainers will shortly leave the game and you wont have to worry, as only subs can post here.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably couldn't see the threads due to the 939827712392308751928347102984601010091235091324758683058475481237548127349810326604850284 whining and "I'm quitting" threads.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont think this is an accurate number. I say give or take 10.
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    Solo should be doable and it shouldn't be a chore. The game should reward grouping but not punish a lack of grouping. Look at every other current MMO. Leveling is solo content. Leave forced grouping to Craglorn.
  • backbernur1_ESO
    SO we should see them power down end content in group areas just to make some people qq less? Or is just being lazy a factor to veteran ranks that some people think is acceptable? Like those people who exploit the new area for experience. Craglorn was designed as a group zone you can *** about how under powered or overpowered the other vet areas are cause you can mostly solo but Craglorn was designed as group content learn to group.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why ask Why?

sorry... I had to do it.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even really need to click on this discussion to know what it was gunna be about

But I did ...
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarwin wrote: »
    I didn't even really need to click on this discussion to know what it was gunna be about

But I did ...

I hate when that happens to me!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Takeda_Shingen
    It is a hard strategy when developers are trying to push people to work as a group. I do not know if it is the best interest of a company with subscription to make the game so hard on leveling solo and forcing the players to make a group. The reality in game shows that you can level up much faster with some friends or in a group but is this possible for anyone? I have been in certain cases asking people for help defeating bosses in quests and I have seen also others doing the same. Although it is nice as a thought, it is not reasonable to ask people gather as a group and force them to do so because you overpower the npc enemies and creating the feeling to the players that any level they will reach is worthless for solo playing. If you think that a small percentage of the best of the best players have to enjoy the game then you have succeed your goal. Perhaps all the others should stop playing it.

Already the game have many bug problems in the quest line and generally it makes anything hard for example even the research for traits for a full custom armor takes months (8 pieces all the traits). Perhaps it is a simple economical policy to have subscriptions for the maximum of time but from the other side why anyone to keep paying for just making a great armor? Because of the difficulty in the veteran 8 level, I have started leveling a low level character and what I see during questing and gathering is bots in high speed collecting everything. I wonder if the game in the end will be for the best teams, the best players and the bots. Hope the subscription from these category players will be enough to sustain the game.

P.S. nop I don't have so many friends to play with, I can't affort daedric armor 400k, I don't have bots gathering and I am not the best player just a common one.
    " Su'um ahrk morah. What will you burn? What will you spare?"
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Higher, "Max" level areas I'm all for this. Make it hard, Make it SOCIAL, make it NECESSARY TO GROUP! OMG WHAT A CONCEPT!

I'm fine with this, but I've been playing MMOs since the 90s and its nice to see a challenge ahead of me this time around, like the early games.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Travail wrote: »
    Some builds will inevitably find higher level content difficult. Of course, I suspect none of those builds incorporate Volcanic Rune...

*cough*

That was a hint. ;) Use Volcanic Rune, and your life will be 10 times easier. It's probably the best CC in the game right now, except maybe Talons (which doesn't help at all if you aren't a DK.) There are enough lorebooks in the leveling zones to learn that skill before you enter VR ranks, so you don't have to suffer through any VR content without it, if you don't want to (and if you see it as suffering.)

I was soloing some of the Craglorn content today with my Templar (and my build isn't all that special, trust me; it's a hodge podge of things I'm trying to rank up.) Volcanic Rune is 100% the only reason I was able to solo in that zone.

-Travail.

Volcanic Rune <3

They should put that in the "tips" section of the death recap when you die.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do appreciate that you long time MMO-ers will not be happy until this game is just like every other MMO, at which point you will *** about how exactly like every other MMO it is and leave to play the next one.

But... according to the game the PvE stuff is supposed to be played either solo or in small groups as the player prefers not as you dictate.

ZOS have already accepted this as an error and have announced they will be fixing ASAP so I guess they agree.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭

You forgot to use commas.

I dont think this is an accurate number. I say give or take 10.

...and a decimal point seeing how many of those shouldn't even be considered an actual thread...let alone a constructive feedback thread.

I'm guilty as charged also for contributing one or two of those. */heavysigh*
    Edited by Gwarok on 23 May 2014 20:15
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    According to the original game design of Veteran level play, the enemies are supposed to be much tougher than the normal game that grouping was necessary to play at that level.

So yes I believe that it is working as intended.

If group play was the intended goal then the devs must have been surprised when most players soloed Veteran level gameplay.

The numerous posts about easy mode and lack of challenges at Veteran level certainly got thier attention and may have caused them to go a bit overboard in buffing up the difficulty.

Still Craglorn is supposed to be a group level zone and impossible for solo players so the increased difficulty may be there to get players to be used to the kind of opposition they will get at that zone.

Without an official announcement from the devs we will never know, only speculate.

That only applies if you are not a Sorc or Dragonknight. As numerous videos will show those two classes can kill tons of mobs in a single attack. We all know that the Dragonknight is the Zenimax favorite class and as such do not expect any balancing of it. Latest patch...Buffs gotta love it.
  • Draaconis
    Draaconis
    ✭✭
    Why..........................................do people create posts without subjects so I waste my time clicking on them?
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Why ask Why?

sorry... I had to do it.

What?

Same

• Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the game is unplayable solo Just waste of game time waiting for company to kill couple of mobs
    Also no fun at all getting killed by 2-3 skeevers wasps and thunderbugs at V8 level
    This patch is totaly BS
    And for the "wise guys"....not all of us playing OP characters as you do...so cut the BS please