Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

why do people care about bots so much?

canghai
canghai
✭✭✭
yes i get it botting is bad
i even see a few in game, i observe them the first few times out of curiosity, now i just ignore and go along with my gaming

i understand that actions must be made to stop the cheating however i see some players quit because there r too many bots?

honestly i am not even effected by bots at all, i just keep on gaming
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ask questions like this in one of the already open threads about bots, we really don't need any more new ones about the issue.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is that there are fewer bots after the patch, but people aren't going to notice that. They're just going to notice when the bot-programmers figure out the new ways they can exploit the code and come back. Then they'll complain again.

It's the way of the forums. Most people are like you.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I kind of thought the same until I created an Alt and couldn't find any resources
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Please ask questions like this in one of the already open threads about bots, we really don't need any more new ones about the issue.

wow good job maybe one day zenimax will promote u from bottom forum *** to moderator wannabe
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tarwin
    Yea I think that is where the biggest impact is/was. I too simply ignore then, but I am not playing in the lower zones any longer.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @canhai if they paid me I would have these forums clean in the day. :P

Lock duplicate threads, redirect players to the active discussions and pin threads about important issues (like bots) which everyone wants to chime in about.

The point stands however, we already had one thread about bots on the front page, really didn't need another one. There are days when the front page has five to ten threads all about the same issue with the same people bouncing back and forth posting in each with the same discussions, it's annoying spam for those trying to read and engage in forums conversations.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • every1hasnames
    botting and gold farming is one of the things that will never go away. There is no fix to the problem. it will always be in every mmo ever made. they accounts get banned they create new ones their ip address gets banned they get new computer and come back. the absolute only way to stop it is make gold and mats absolutely transferable from player to player in absolutely any and every way which they can not do because no one would play the game anymore. People should just ignore them and go about their own business. In other words beat the botters and gold farmers through ignoring them.
  • every1hasnames
    sorry meant to say untransferable
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main problem is that the hackers are now stripping the landscape bare of crafting resources.

* Teleport Hackers
    * Speed Hackers
    * Z-Plane Hackers
    * Bot Hackers

It is really easy to find them in the starting zones, and most cannot be reported due to difficulty or impossibility of targeting them.

Quite frankly, they are slowly strangling the game outside of dungeons now. The only reason they (and players) are not in the pub dungeons is the crippling devaluation of loot drops in them. The players are being punished hard to 'discourage' the hackers from farming the dungeons.

ESO is in real trouble, but the developers and the fan-boyz refuse to see it.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    canghai wrote: »
    i even see a few in game, i observe them the first few times out of curiosity, now i just ignore and go along with my gaming

i understand that actions must be made to stop the cheating however i see some players quit because there r too many bots?

So...is business booming for you?
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    They destory the feeling.
    They take our resources.
    Multiboxers has an advantage in pve and in pvp.
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭

So...is business booming for you?

business in china has been booming for years bruh
    hows business in america?
    i heard mcdonalds is doing great
  • mike.crewsb14_ESO

No, no. I don't think you do.

• canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    elab

No, no. I don't think you do.

u mad?
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruins economy, more gold selling spam in chat, more hacked accounts, ruins legit players chances of farming mats out in the world...can't even count how many times a bot teleported, flew, underground took the herb, ore, jute I was running towards just to sit back and see them take it and teleport to the next node.
    Edited by Elvent on 23 May 2014 19:17
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭

Why do you always use Bots so much? I've decided anyone who defends botting, bots, gold farmers in any degree whatsoever is part of the problem.
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    where have a defended botting?
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering what was up with those bots that were flying at the speed of sound all over the place, and thought I was just lagging badly. Thank you Innocente for solving this mystery, I was beginning to think I was delusional.

But seriously, I can't believe someone is even asking why bots are bad, when they are ruining the economy of the server, stealing your resources, forming huge groups for killing bosses the instant they spawn so that you dont even get the chance to land a hit, let alone get loot, spamming the chat, filling your Mailbox with trash, etc etc etc
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    They farm boss mobs that drop items that legit players should be getting. They farm ore that legit players should be getting. They grab motifs legit players should be getting. They spam our inboxes on a daily basis. Need I say more?
    QQing is a full time job
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Firstly Bots mine resources, which means there are less for us, ridiculously so in some places, in these places it's near impossible to get metals/runes/wood/jutte.

Secondly Bots go around killing NPCs making nearly impossible in some places/dungeons to get any exp for Bosses/Fighting.

If you can't understand why people get annoyed by these two things, god help you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    reread my OP and dont put words im my mouth
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    business in china has been booming for years bruh
    hows business in america?
    i heard mcdonalds is doing great

Making the games you sell gold for, actually.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At VR levels I kind of thought the same way. Once I rolled an alt and saw 40+ in a public dungeon my mind changed. Then when there was at least 10 in every solo dungeon and closer to 40 in every public dungeon before VR content it got old really fast.

To me the biggest deal is how out in the open they are about it as if they don't even feel there is any reason to have to hide.
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    And one of the problems is people just 'ignore' them ..

If I can catch one i'll report em, granted might do little but it's something. As they say 'every little helps' and yes i'd appreciate it if we had a faster reporting service but currently were stuck with what we've got.

I used to be on the EU server and thought there were alot on that .. then came to the NA server and boy was i wrong!
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I care because they can destroy an economy. Let's look at Jute. There were 4 to 5 bots on every plant. There was a guy parked in the major cities (Davon's for example) who fence this and the ore they were exploiting.

Because of this prices on items like Elegent Lining and Dreux Wax took a drastic hit. Wax was 3 to 5k prior to this bug depending upon the time of day and rarity in which you bought/sold it. After the bots took over, it plummeted almost instantly to 2k. It went as low as 1.5k before it was fixed.
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    I care way more about trade spam in zone than I do about the bots. Fighting them for resources is a pain. But, normally I just go "hey look a bot" or "hey, they are flying now?" And try to beat them to the next node.

Trying to kill them can be fun too.