Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Guild stores really need a fix

Xilc
Xilc
✭✭✭
I can't be the only one that's noticed how hard it is to use the guild stores. Sometimes there's no "R - Start Search" button, other times it's stuck for minutes pointlessly "searching."

When I try to sort by price ascending or descending, it gives me the "you've initiated too many searches in a short time," excuse even though I'm not spamming it, I just click it once. Also, if you search under "materials" it doesn't even show you materials? The filter shows you weapons and armor along with materials, as if the filter is useless.

But even more than that, the filters are difficult to use. Why you can't just search by item link, or even by searching via text is beyond me. It's a chore to use the guild store for anything as of now, other than making you annoyed at the game.

It's just frustrating to try and use the guild store. :(
Edited by Xilc on 22 May 2014 22:17
  • Scorpion1311
    I completely agree with this post. I have always wondered why there hasn't been a simple search text feature. Its really annoying to have to scroll through page after page of crap just to try and find a specific item.
    And the materials tab is useless like you said, shows weapons and armor and what not instead of just craft materials. Complete and utter waste of time and so aggravating.
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with this post. I have always wondered why there hasn't been a simple search text feature. Its really annoying to have to scroll through page after page of crap just to try and find a specific item.
    And the materials tab is useless like you said, shows weapons and armor and what not instead of just craft materials. Complete and utter waste of time and so aggravating.

Yep, it's a very poor system and makes the game much much harder. It makes me feel like I'm playing some glitchy 2000 version of an MMO...
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Laughs* In 2000, we were playing EQ1 and the 'store' was the East Commonlands Tunnel where players would gather and offer their wares for sale in chat. Sort of like it is done now in ESO. Welcome to circa 2000 MMO gaming, ESO style!
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a dated, crap system of Auction House is shameful. Even Tibia has a global auction house.

Commerce shouldn't be locked behind a guildwall, it should be open market. I want the biggest audience of buyers and sellers to participate with.

Within; Without.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    There is an add-on ' GuildStore Search Expanded ' I believe is the name of it. It allows you to search by item NAME if you wish. Which < should > have been incorporated in the Store in the first place along with many other short sighted failures in the store.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xilc wrote: »
    I can't be the only one that's noticed how hard it is to use the guild stores. Sometimes there's no "R - Start Search" button, other times it's stuck for minutes pointlessly "searching."

When I try to sort by price ascending or descending, it gives me the "you've initiated too many searches in a short time," excuse even though I'm not spamming it, I just click it once. Also, if you search under "materials" it doesn't even show you materials? The filter shows you weapons and armor along with materials, as if the filter is useless.

But even more than that, the filters are difficult to use. Why you can't just search by item link, or even by searching via text is beyond me. It's a chore to use the guild store for anything as of now, other than making you annoyed at the game.

It's just frustrating to try and use the guild store. :(

Guild stores dont need to be fixed they need to be removed and an auction house put in its place! But, I realize they will never do that so yes agree they need to fix the guild stores a lot! As is, I dont use them at all. They are a worthless waste of time and severely annoying!!! A damn well made auction house would have made life much easier! Works well in other games and would work well in this game. Putting things up on one easy to access place for ever thing for sale. People could find what there are looking for and buy it. As is, you cant find what you need and it takes hours just looking through a buntch a crap only to find out that what you want is not even there. Thats just stupid and makes no sense what so ever! But guild store loving players enjoy your broken system! Must got lots of time to waste only to find you cant get what you was looking for! >..>
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    Its literally a waste of time even trying to use the guild store system. I'm sitting here wasting all of my time, trying to search through four different guilds with a user interface that hardly even works. It's extremely spotty, and if you so much as search too fast (and by fast I mean if you try to switch to the next page within six seconds) it will reset whatever you're doing and say that you need to wait for the current search to complete. I sent there literally pressing the the R key over and over again until it finally shows up again, only to have it reset when I press the button to switch to the next page, or I try to sort by price. All in all, this is a horrible user interface with a horrible system that needs a quick fix.
  • TheJadeFist
    TheJadeFist
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse the morons decided to break any add ons that let you search through guild stores, by TOO MANY SEARCHES error. it was functional with add ons before they changed it. I really don't understand how such a useless guild store interface made launch, did no one at any point in developing the UI for it, say wow, this is kinda hard to find something.

Gee thanks zenimax, I didn't want to buy or sell anything anways, the game doesn't need an economy, except for zone chat being filled with people wanting to buy and sell things.

(i'd normally avoid insulting the company, but in this case, no, it was stupid and lazy, and the people who worked on that part of the game should feel bad about what a bad job they did, or be upset at being prevented from making it functional, what ever the case may be)
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse the morons decided to break any add ons that let you search through guild stores, by TOO MANY SEARCHES error. it was functional with add ons before they changed it. I really don't understand how such a useless guild store interface made launch, did no one at any point in developing the UI for it, say wow, this is kinda hard to find something.

Gee thanks zenimax, I didn't want to buy or sell anything anways, the game doesn't need an economy, except for zone chat being filled with people wanting to buy and sell things.

(i'd normally avoid insulting the company, but in this case, no, it was stupid and lazy, and the people who worked on that part of the game should feel bad about what a bad job they did, or be upset at being prevented from making it functional, what ever the case may be)

Yep, that's why I made this thread. It's absolutely useless at this point in time and people need to agree with me about it for them to see that.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    I was kind of hoping to be surprised in finding that they gave us the option to click on "Name" to at least alphabetize our search with this patch. One of my guilds has 23 pages of blues when searching 'Materials'. I can't imagine what "ALL" would be like searching through.

*/heavy-sigh* :|
    Edited by Gwarok on 22 May 2014 23:00
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they are garbage.
  • TheJadeFist
    TheJadeFist
    ✭✭✭
    Xilc wrote: »

Yep, that's why I made this thread. It's absolutely useless at this point in time and people need to agree with me about it for them to see that.

Every one agrees with it being useless. Though some people saying the guild store itself was a bad idea, i'm not too sold on. Nor do i think we need a global auction. I personally would like a kiosk system. It doesn't need to be global, but it does need to actually work.

Materials shouldn't = ALL I don't have the patience to go through pages and pages just hoping to find some metal or rune pieces being mixed in with rings, potions and other such things that are clearly not materials for crafting.

They've honestly gone out of their way, to discourage an economy of any satisfaction. Its beyond just the fact guild stores don't let you search right. What is worth buying and selling between players? Motifs and recipes at best, but you use them once and never need it again. Crafted item? With so many people myself included, having multiple crafting at or near 50 it lessens the value of crafting. Drops? eh, their either get broken down or sold for peanuts.

I'm V7 and the buys/ sells i've done can be counted on one hand.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Materials shouldn't = ALL I don't have the patience to go through pages and pages just hoping to find some metal or rune pieces being mixed in with rings, potions and other such things that are clearly not materials for crafting.
    Yeah. I have no idea why "materials" seems to include everything.

Another problem is that there is no way to search only for recipes or only for runestones. These things just aren't options in the standard Guild Store. I have an addon which at least allows me to search for everything including the word "recipe", but this doesn't work for runestones because they don't have "rune" or "stone" in their names. So that requires searching for each one separately.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Yeah. I have no idea why "materials" seems to include everything.

Another problem is that there is no way to search only for recipes or only for runestones. These things just aren't options in the standard Guild Store. I have an addon which at least allows me to search for everything including the word "recipe", but this doesn't work for runestones because they don't have "rune" or "stone" in their names. So that requires searching for each one separately.

Because they didn't test it in the beta? They skipped past the guild store UI completely.
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGw8fMwZUQ

I finally had a chance to publish my YouTube video displaying the issue and explaining the issue on it. :)
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an add-on ' GuildStore Search Expanded ' I believe is the name of it. It allows you to search by item NAME if you wish. Which < should > have been incorporated in the Store in the first place along with many other short sighted failures in the store.
    Thing is, I don't use add ons, and shouldn't HAVE to use addons. I pay a sub for these things to be fixed and optimized.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Isnt that addon broken and not being updated anymore?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • woodlandwoodsb14_ESO
    The entire Guild Store system is a joke. A bad joke at that.
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Isnt that addon broken and not being updated anymore?

Yes, there is currently no addon that helps with their system unfortunately... Which displays the need for the fix :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: