Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Racial Motifs

JungleBoot
JungleBoot
✭✭✭
People that are finding them, please let the cat out of the bag. If there are players able to sell motifs, they must be having a great success at finding them and there must be locations where the probability is far greater. So, where are they? I think selling rare racial motifs for 35,000g is a bit much.

To ESO, raise the drop rate. Please raise the drop rate so that the prices normalize.
Platform: PS4
CP 405
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no trick or secret location. Whenever you enter a building or dungeon, just check all boxes, bags, chests etc. I don't go out and hunt for them, but I do look into all the containers as I go about my quests, and I find 2 -3 a week. I have not found any rare one (I just reached Coldharbor yesterday) but I have found lots of 1 - 9 motifs.
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be an item of value in the game. I really dislike the idea of Zenimax holding our hand and giving us what's supposed to be a rare item just because you don't want to go out and find one.

I found my second Deadric Motif today, the second one in less than a week of being in the VR5+ zones.

the Prices that are out there now ARE normalized.
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I have not found any rare one (I just reached Coldharbor yesterday) but I have found lots of 1 - 9 motifs.
    The four "Rare" one only spawn in locations VR 1 and up (so the other faction areas).

Specifically, Barbaric and Primal in VR1 - VR5 areas and Ancient Elf/Deadric being in the VR 6+ Areas.
  • N1LegionXDeath
    Froggmann5 wrote: »
    I have not found any rare one (I just reached Coldharbor yesterday) but I have found lots of 1 - 9 motifs.
    The four "Rare" one only spawn in locations VR 1 and up (so the other faction areas).

Specifically, Barbaric and Primal in VR1 - VR5 areas and Ancient Elf/Deadric being in the VR 6+ Areas.

srsly?. then cant even try to find them since i cant find a way to kill the titans and others daedric in God of Schemes quest ._.
    N1 For Life
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.
    Imperial Templar ωΩωΩω Ebonheart Pact ωΩωΩω NA MegaServer
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    I have found around 10 or so. I check everything though. I found about 7 the first few days and then none for a few weeks. Then my last 3 I found all in the same house at the same exact time. That was right after the patch. I couldn't believe it. I got Breton, altmer, and Dumner I think.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    The trick is botting, and buying from Real Money Traders, who exploited themselves thousands of the now hyper-rare motifs before the nerf.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone botted or exploited. I myself spent over 200k on motifs the second I heard about it (and got lucky since they snuck it in early). I'm sure I'm not the only one. The second we heard about 1.1 we started buying them up, we just got lucky it was snuck in early. And for those still in denial that it was snuck in early, there are quite a few things in this patch that were already in the game before Craglorn.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »

There are no 'four rare' They are all rare now and have the timer imposed. They only reason those are more rare is that there are less VR folks at that level finding them, as most VR people are busy doing other things rather than digging around for motifs.