Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Level 1-50 quest achievements reimbursed

Garion072
Garion072
Soul Shriven
I'm not sure why the quest achievements were reset, but I for one would like to see this repaired. I worked hard to make sure that each zone was completed for that zone's achievement. I did thankfully already earn the "Hero of the Aldmeri Dominion" meta achievement. Obviously if a player has earned the meta achievement how hard is it to reinstate the prerequisite achievements for that meta. I am not going to spend more of my game time/money going back to lower level zones and complete those achievements for a second time. :\
  • Sheerin
    Sheerin
    My first two quest archievements were bugged, and i was just a few days short of getting the last one (dominion hero).
    Now since everything reset it looks like i wont be getting any of these 3 archievements at all unless they indeed give those archievements back.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was wondering about this as mine when from about 2300 down to 1975.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    I am not going to spend more of my game time/money going back to lower level zones and complete those achievements for a second time. :\

Which would be impossible either way.

My problem is, that after this patch I still have not been given the three missing achievements (Skald King, etc.) and am now missing all the achievements for the zones up until Eastmarch, although the corresponding steps leading to the meta achievement "Hero of the Ebonheart Pact" have been checked as completed and I can still reach at least that achievement.

It just looks as if I'm not awarded the actual achievement points, which is sad because I actually went back to do all the missing Shadowfen quests. :(

"It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • Nuri
    Nuri
    Garion072 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why the quest achievements were reset, but I for one would like to see this repaired. I worked hard to make sure that each zone was completed for that zone's achievement.

Yessir. Was shocked to log on and see this also. Apparently on http://www.mmorpg.com/ states that a timeline for this fix is "at least two weeks away", according to a post from an official forum moderator.

Let the waiting game commence B)
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't talk to me about achievements.

I have bugged quests in Shadowfen leaving me at 61/62. Spoke to CS and they checked my log and the zone and told me there is a bug stopping me getting a certain quest or two....

So i'm always going to be stuck at 61/62
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they said it's just a visual bug (which it's not) and they'll be fixing it in two or so weeks.

I have bugged quests in Shadowfen leaving me at 61/62. Spoke to CS and they checked my log and the zone and told me there is a bug stopping me getting a certain quest or two....

Which is no longer an issue because they lowered the requirement for the achievement to 51 quests. http://esohead.com/achievements/596-shadowfen-adventurer
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on 23 May 2014 22:28
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm was in the same boat, but they've actually reduced the requirement to 51 (I think - it's much lower at any rate). So, as soon as the new bug is fixed we should have our Shadowfen achievement.

Oops nvm. Didn't see your post Arsenic
    Edited by stabbykitteh on 23 May 2014 22:32
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is no longer an issue because they lowered the requirement for the achievement to 51 quests. http://esohead.com/achievements/596-shadowfen-adventurer

REJOICE....

I completely missed that, forgive my rant ... I take it back.
  • Nuri
    Nuri
    Don't worry, they said it's just a visual bug (which it's not) and they'll be fixing it in two or so weeks.

Fingers crossed, eh :)
    I have a question, though which probably won't be answered until the fix has taken place - but...I had 53/61 in Riften prior to this Bug. Tonight I have tested the Achievement and done 1 quest, which now shows on my Achievement page as 1/61. If I were to complete the remaining 8 (now 7, since I just did 1) quests I would have originally needed to get 61/61 tonight - would it register after the fix? :s
    Edited by Nuri on 23 May 2014 22:37
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    One would hope that, when they do the patch to repair the achieves, they scan your 'completed quests' reference in the database and tally things up proper, which would include the stuff you're finishing now.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Oh its more than 1-50. For me its 1-VR10.

I am wonder if there is anything they didnt mess up in this patch. They sure try to destroy the game as much as possible it seems.