Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

2 new graphical glitches?

Asasin
Asasin
After the new patch I've noticed two new graphical glitches. One just exists, the other one's pretty annoying.

1. When dual wielding, after combat sometimes the left weapon will have a motion blur effect to it that just looks silly (especially since the right one didn't take this on when I encountered this).

2. The more annoying one, though, is that when I switch weapons/hotbars, the game kicks me out to third person POV for a second or two. It's disorienting, and I didn't have this before the patch.

A third thing I noticed, though I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's intended to combat botters, is that if you look anywhere when harvesting a resource node, it will stop collecting it.
  • Master_Liu
    Master_Liu
    Soul Shriven
    Well, one thing that I noticed after the patch was:

1: Game crashing quite often.

2: Interactables (NPC's/mobs, plants, ores, and my horse) glitched purple. Had to log out and in again.
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    The only glitch I have noticed is that if you have a long sword or staff on your back and walk towards the sea, your staff or sword cast a shadow on the horizon. Very strange.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Misty wrote: »
    The only glitch I have noticed is that if you have a long sword or staff on your back and walk towards the sea, your staff or sword cast a shadow on the horizon. Very strange.

That's a water shader issue, and has been around from the start.
  • Obus
    Obus
    ✭✭
    8JVdReq.jpg

Just saying...
    Obus - EU NB - Former Emperor - AD @ EU Dawnbreaker
    Banana Squad
    Zerg Squad
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obus wrote: »
    8JVdReq.jpg

Just saying...

That looks like my first attempt at modding Fallout 3.

Messed up on the textures and everyone was bright pink.

Was like happy hour at flump land.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    That looks like missing/corrupted textures. Try repairing your game.
  • Obus
    Obus
    ✭✭
    Gaudrath wrote: »
    That looks like missing/corrupted textures. Try repairing your game.

Well, that comes after a while. If I relog it solves... for another 20 mins.
    Obus - EU NB - Former Emperor - AD @ EU Dawnbreaker
    Banana Squad
    Zerg Squad
  • Asasin
    Asasin
    8JVdReq.jpg

Just saying...

Haha, it reminds me of corrupted/missing textures in Source games as well. Why does it default to purple/pink?

I'm still gonna play the game, I still enjoy it, but I'm just a little bewildered as to why they've introduced a seemingly equivalent amount of bugs as they fixed?
  • ShadowsLibertyT
    Asasin wrote: »
    8JVdReq.jpg

Just saying...

Haha, it reminds me of corrupted/missing textures in Source games as well. Why does it default to purple/pink?

I'm still gonna play the game, I still enjoy it, but I'm just a little bewildered as to why they've introduced a seemingly equivalent amount of bugs as they fixed?

Because they cant program. This must be the single most bugged Subscription MMO and it is a shameful grab for money.

Im not even sure whether I want them to fix the game since they make it worse every time
  • Asasin
    Asasin
    Ran into yet another glitch where I could not switch between my two weapon sets. First encountered it trying to swap out my skills from my second skill bar (but it wouldn't let me switch)... my hotkeys to swap also did nothing.

EDIT: Quit the game to fix it, now I can't get back onto the server >_>.
    Edited by Asasin on 23 May 2014 21:17
  • thebigMuh
    thebigMuh
    ✭✭
    Why does it default to purple/pink?

Placeholder textures for missing textures are usually pink because they stand out and make it easy for the developer to spot them.

We also use a nice bright pink texture with "missing" written on it in my company ;)

Ciao, Muh!
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    I had the pink too, Ram was 90% full, not long after game crash, its the memory leak causing that.
    Why do people complain?
    ''Because players want to provide feedback and help shape a product they still see as having the potential to be great.''
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, makes sense, assets can't be loaded because old ones are not removed from memory. And then the whole thing crashes. Haven't had such trouble myself so far though. Thankfully.