Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Running from a laptop to lcd 60 inch tv?

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
I have a few question.

1. Should i use fullscreen or windowed fullscreen or just windowed?

2. My tv is 1080p, should i use the highest resolution in the eso settings or just what my tv goes up to?

3. When im on full screen i set my laptop to do only second screen. So when im playing i only see eso. My question is how do i pull up my task bar at the bottom of the screen for windows 8, also how can i minimize eso so i could see my desktop screen to open other apps.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    METALPUNKS wrote: »
    I have a few question.

1. Should i use fullscreen or windowed fullscreen or just windowed?

2. My tv is 1080p, should i use the highest resolution in the eso settings or just what my tv goes up to?

3. When im on full screen i set my laptop to do only second screen. So when im playing i only see eso. My question is how do i pull up my task bar at the bottom of the screen for windows 8, also how can i minimize eso so i could see my desktop screen to open other apps.

Alt tab will bring up the desktop. If you want the task bar you will have to play in windowed mode. You should be able to run it in 1080p full screen.
  • Asasin
    Asasin
    I don't know why you would want the task bar if you can just alt-tab to switch between tasks, Windows Key + D to switch to the desktop, or just the Windows Key to pull up the Start menu (honestly don't know if they've fully implemented that in 8 or not yet).

As far as the resolution goes, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the more demanding the game is going to be. If your laptop can handle it, go for it, but you may also need to lower some graphical settings to keep up.

As far as using full screen or windowed mode, that is purely your preference. I like getting immersed in the game, so I leave it on full screen. I also added the game as a Non-Steam Game to my Steam Library so I can shift + tab to pull up the Steam overlay and browser if I need to look something up.
    It literally makes no difference if it's windowed or full screen, that is simply an aesthetic choice you need to make for yourself.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Asasin wrote: »
    I don't know why you would want the task bar if you can just alt-tab to switch between tasks, Windows Key + D to switch to the desktop, or just the Windows Key to pull up the Start menu (honestly don't know if they've fully implemented that in 8 or not yet).

As far as the resolution goes, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the more demanding the game is going to be. If your laptop can handle it, go for it, but you may also need to lower some graphical settings to keep up.

As far as using full screen or windowed mode, that is purely your preference. I like getting immersed in the game, so I leave it on full screen. I also added the game as a Non-Steam Game to my Steam Library so I can shift + tab to pull up the Steam overlay and browser if I need to look something up.
    It literally makes no difference if it's windowed or full screen, that is simply an aesthetic choice you need to make for yourself.

Im sorry i didnt explain enough. I just want to know how to get the task
    Bar for a second if i need. It has something to do with me using xpadder thats all. Thanks for everthing.

Whats odd is this. If i set my laptop so it duplicates the screen it ends up looking horrid on my tv. If i use extend and drag the game over it looks amazing!! Why?