Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So how am I supposed to level my skills at VR5?

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
Some guy was like "Turn in quests while slotting the abilities you wanna train." That's so stupid. That even sounds like a hack or something. Really ZoS? So you'd rather reward a man for having a bow in his hand while finishing a quest rather than that man using the arrows 1000 times on a legit mob that dies.

Yeah, good logic. You're mint. You're a pal.

Most people are going to use a single spec up to VR10 and complete quests or all quests that way. What do they do after that? Just look for these special reward points just to scrimp and save to hopefully one day get light armor or heavy armor or whatever skill line trained?

95715265-71bc-4d90-b694-dd2037a5e20f.jpg

• GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    Or slot a 4th/5th for your grinding xp to skill up. Most people aren't using a full loadout every pull. (or maybe you want to use the skill you are leveling)

For off weps, ya, it makes sense to use quest xp on top

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or use new skills? If you don't want to use the skills, why waste points on them?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Kathleen.Flynn02b14_ESO
    I'm at VR10 and there are a couple of weapons I'd like to level up some more. Anyone know some good grind spots in veteran zones?
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm at VR10 and there are a couple of weapons I'd like to level up some more. Anyone know some good grind spots in veteran zones?

Cyrodiil PvE repeateables were best for this at VR10. With Craglorn, you may want to look into that area to grind. I'm not that high yet so not sure how the experience there is.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you might be referring to my suggestion from the thread complaining about the loss of bash damage. My suggestion was specifically aimed at someone who didn't feel that could use other weapons at VR5 if those weapons haven't been leveled at all. Of course, you would level them faster if you actually use them in addition to having them equipped when turning in a quest, but in case you don't feel like you can do that, the quest portion of the experience is much higher than the experience you get from killing mobs. In that post, I even said that I think the problem is overstated. I've worn full unleveled light armor and melee'd with it at VR1 one without any issue. I've also been able to easily kill VR1 mobs with a completely unleveled resto staff.

I feel you might just be looking for something to complain about here.
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Some guy was like "Turn in quests while slotting the abilities you wanna train." That's so stupid. That even sounds like a hack or something. Really ZoS? So you'd rather reward a man for having a bow in his hand while finishing a quest rather than that man using the arrows 1000 times on a legit mob that dies.

Yeah, good logic. You're mint. You're a pal.

Most people are going to use a single spec up to VR10 and complete quests or all quests that way. What do they do after that? Just look for these special reward points just to scrimp and save to hopefully one day get light armor or heavy armor or whatever skill line trained?

95715265-71bc-4d90-b694-dd2037a5e20f.jpg

Go to coldharbor, kill the mods, level up, profit. I'm VR4 and went from 6-21 2h in an hour or so. Don't even need armor and still get drops so its good profit too.
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran ranks are the same at level 50 with the added perk of better percentages on gear.

That being said, you can grind out on lvl 48-49 mobs in Coldharbour and still receive experience with a fraction of the hassle than fighting mobs in veteran zones.