Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nightblade quick changes

glitchmaster999
glitchmaster999
✭✭✭✭
I know you are probably sick of this talk but having a broken class is probably responsible for most of your subscription loss....

I would like to suggest a couple of ideas to make skills more effective for the roll I feel nightblades should play.

1) Summon shades, make these do a percentage of the casters auto attack damage however give them a percentage of the casters health as well. This kind of skill is already in the game on some boss mobs and it means that an enemy can either focus the ghost and get rid of a source of damage or take out the source.

2) Haste - make the attack speed smaller but make in increase the speed of animations for weapon abilities, this would make it work in more builds (ie staffs using impulse) while still effectively boosting dps (needs to be working first of course).

3) change one of the useless passives like the potion effectiveness to have a percentage increase to damage or at least damage against a single target.

4) change blur into a damaging magicka ability that uses weapon crit (nightblades currently only have abilities that do decent damage out of stealth or against low health enemies.

5) increase returns or decrease weapon power reduction on siphoning strikes.

I feel as if nightblades were designed to do the most damage and these changes (though may need some tweaking) would achieve this class build goal. It would trade off things such as low heals and low tanking abilities to deal greater damage.

Whatever ZOS does, it needs to be fast or you are going to lose at least 1/4 of the game population. If memory serves, nightblades were the most popular class in beta, now you see dragonknights and templars everywhere.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    AND.. the reason you created a brand new thread to beat this lame horse even more is?

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100255/state-of-the-game-for-nbs-1-1-2-nerf-dk-buff

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100723/nb-the-real-truth-pre-and-post-patch

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100626/death-stroke-nerf-you-did-more-than-a-nerf

A quick look at the first page of the General Discussion area shows that there are many threads already dedicated to this issue.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    AND.. the reason you created a brand new thread to beat this lame horse even more is?

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100255/state-of-the-game-for-nbs-1-1-2-nerf-dk-buff

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100723/nb-the-real-truth-pre-and-post-patch

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100626/death-stroke-nerf-you-did-more-than-a-nerf

A quick look at the first page of the General Discussion area shows that there are many threads already dedicated to this issue.

And you thought you would come here to tell me that even though im the one that posted 6 of them..... I know perfectly well that there are very many but I want to see peoples thoughts on proposed changes, not how much they hate the last patch.