Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I Dont feel right ... experienced player help please :-s

msawwan2ub17_ESO
msawwan2ub17_ESO
✭✭✭
OK i have a big problem

I am lvl 30 templar who had to leave for a month and a half only few days after game was released.

I came back and I tried to pvp, i get destroyed in nooooo time by sorcs and DK.
I also noticed single players sorcs or DK taking out on big ass groups by themselves. using banners or spamming aoe and living for ever.

I played 5 beta testing and never seen that crazyness... so the game allow lvl 10 players to join the pvp by buffing them but make them useless even when they are buffed.

part of the problem is I think that NONE-HEALING TEMPLARS are worthless in pvp and pve both.

I use 1h+shield \ Bow \ 7 pieces medium armor. I function as an off tank/off healer in pve. in pvp i try to use the bow then switch to shield when things get tanky.

what am i doing wrong? or do i just need to level up?

its sad that i think i am a lot more skilled than people i see in pvp but they still own me without doing anything special, they just roflstomp me

~~ Trolls stay out of this please ~~

Edit:

current build:

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mosByg0k9Mxomiu8fXGM8fXGH8fXum8fXiO8frrK8b0pS8injt8innK8innG8bzpM8ffbC8ffdZ8N7DNDM6LDm6LDi6rDG6zbMUf6MbMXO8p7JIkHY6MdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEI6MdBEp6cdBET8n7DLWQ6rW26AW36MfwgU8y7HrR3a6cR3d6rR3r6rR3f6MfQE16MfQE36MfQlr6MfQlu6zfQlI8g7HrsXy6rsXx6msXt6zipLW6MipL46MippV6Mippo6Mippq8O7zzAZqS8P7zzLp4d8U7czrWv8zz7pctyrG6ztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR8zf7czNbo6zDVRE6MDVRH8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

hope you can help me with this
Edited by msawwan2ub17_ESO on 22 May 2014 18:32
~~ Mrs Jones ~~
~~ Self-proclaimed Best Player in the game ~~
~~ you jelly? ~~
  • pez8897nub19_ESO
    How are your attributes arranged? More towards magicka or stamina? Do you have too many points going towards non combat stuff like crafting? :)
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i have most points in health, almost all.
    and no, i have all my passives filled up, nothing in crafts, i also have bow leveled up to 47 and 1h+shield to 45. so got all the passives done on these.

~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i am really doubting the validity of a templar in none healing roles ...
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    Take everything that beta was like and throw it out the window. It's a Sorc and DK game at the moment.
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    thats what i noticed too .. i mean they can heal as good as templars, they can tank beter, and they do more dps and aoes.

should I reroll or wait for class balanced?
    i dont like to be the underdog... and all the complaints i see on forums are from nightblades. templars dont seem to complain, they just switch to full healers roles :-s
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recreate your build here. Then copy and paste the completed build in your OP. We'll be able to give you meaningful advice with more information. Thanks.
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Impulse was nerfed this patch, as well as DK's ability to take on a zerg and destroy them solo.

Vampires were nerfed this patch as well, severely limiting their zergowning capability.

Just wait for classes to get balance or roll with a zerg.
  • justin903b14a_ESO
    justin903b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I dunno about all that my GF's templar rolls people
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar dmg is very decent if you are sporting the right build. Currently my main is a primary healer as that I my primary focus, but I can also blast the heck outta anything I please with Aedric Spear line for AoE, and Dawn's Wrath line for ST. Points in health and magicka only. Don't need stamina and my damage rocks. If you are however expecting your Templar to be the well-oiled-killing machine that is the Sorc, please forget Templar and just go roll one - you'll be a lot happier.
  • pez8897nub19_ESO
    I am a templar dps and I put my points mostly toward magicka and stamina and Passives. I didn't really bother with the healing staff until I hit level 30 something. no points towards bow. (although it still does pretty good damage.) I have to admit I don't venture into cyrodil so I don't know how well my build competes.
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    my objective was to create a build that has a high critical chance, hence khajiti/medium armor/with weapons with critical values
    also create a tanky build that can survive the zergs, sword shield
    and have the range to take on pvp with a bow.

it seems like none of these is working out. i feel terribly weak in cyrodill

is level difference that much affect? or are DK and Sorc just toooooo much more powerfull
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the way that link looks, you have zero attribute points in magicka. You also have barely anything in stamina, yet load your bars with weapon skills that take stamina to be not only used but effective on damage. The less points you have in stamina for a stamina weapon, the lower your damage will be - likewise for class skills. If you have low magikca, you will do less damage and run out of power to use class skills very quickly.

If you like the weapons you have, I would suggest you respec your attributes to reflect how you are playing. All the points in health make little difference if your dmg output is so low you get wiped anyway. You can always cast a self heal with Breath of life if you need it and keep fighting. Health attribute investment isn't even needed until vet ranks.

Use glyphs on your armor also to boost your stats. Especially if you are sticking with medium since that armor mainly serves only stamina and crit focus builds.
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wait so stamina increase dmg for bows and swords???
    does it also help surviving? like armor?
    or thats health? cause my armor seems to be over charged using full set of medium armor.
    Edited by msawwan2ub17_ESO on 22 May 2014 18:42
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest you carefully read the tooltips on your attributes, skills, armor, etc so you understand better. But yes, if you use a weapon that is stamin based such as a bow, yet have none you are basically flinging wet noodles. Take a look at the Templar theorycrafting threads on Tamriel Foundry and you will get a good overview of workable builds. Templars are very versatile and there is no "wrong" build. It is the beauty of our class. But it does take careful planning if you are going to hybrid or run a stamina weapon set.
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    The scaling is horrible. A real level 50 has way better stats than a scaled level 50. Just don't PvP until you're in VR-land is the answer, unfortunately.
    Edited by Shillen on 22 May 2014 18:55
    Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @msawwan2ub17_ESO Esohead is down this morning, I'll look later.

@Shillen‌ is right. Low lvl PvE is not always going to be a great experience. But you can make it fun by following a few simple rules:
    • Keep to the keep.
    • If you leave, stay with the zerg. Safety in numbers.
    • Use siege weapons whenever possible (fire for those 20K vamps.)
    • Welcome to the jungle, get used to dying and running.

Anyone else have survival tips for low lvl PvE?
    Edited by kewl on 23 May 2014 12:29