Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Costumes automatically changing appearance

Elvent
Elvent
✭✭✭✭
There's a costume that I really like called "Bloodthorn Disguise" it's a low level costume. Anyways I notice that it changes appearance almost every time I either exit the game and log back in or zone in an instance.

I prefer it having the fullly/dress covered look with the boots but when I zone in an instance it changes in many different ways but makes it look ugly.

Sometimes it'll keep the look but give me sandals instead of shoes.

Sometimes the dark boots will change into a white colored boot.

Sometimes it'll change into a shirt and hood and the dress part is removed to show my leg armor.

Sometimes instead of fully covered in the chest area it'll change into a short sleeve.

Is there a way to keep it how I like it? Is this a bug or working like it should? I like the way I like it not all these constant different changes all the time, that's why I chose this costume but if it keeps changing into all these random different designs I would rather not wear it at all.
Edited by Elvent on 22 May 2014 06:14
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you do screen shots or even better a video?
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    Can you do screen shots or even better a video?

Sure can, probably won't have them posted until tomorrow though.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed the same behavour with some costumes.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many costumes do this when you zone.
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    Some costumes have more than one version. The Seadrake costume has at least three variants, and they can change any time you zone. You can't pick which version you get, it's totally random.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they change between the models the mobs that use those costumes have.Seadrake costume does this too. It has 3 models that change around.
    Edited by PBpsy on 22 May 2014 06:18
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember 4 for seadrake. Its the one I use on my dk alt.

Female.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What drives me nuts is that some disguises change my character's body. Horns, eye color, skin color, etc (yes I play Argonian).
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    pknecron wrote: »
    Some costumes have more than one version. The Seadrake costume has at least three variants, and they can change any time you zone. You can't pick which version you get, it's totally random.

So it's working as intended? That's disappointing...ah well, I guess I just won't bother using costumes anymore, it's a shame, I really liked that costume and the customization is already so limited as it is I was hoping I could keep the costume looks that I liked.

The one part of the costume that changes into just a shirt and hood and it looks so weird I could have sworn it to be a bug....but I guess not.