Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Let's post good side of this game!

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
<<Everyone, Let's post good side of this game!>>

A lot of people( including me) already post problem of this game.
(Bugs,Bad system of ESO,Bad Game balance...ETC)
But this time,I want to post good side of this game .
Just simply Good side of this game

My feeling is...

1.NPC emotional expression is very vivid compare with previous Elder Scroll.

Talented animater changed "skyrim stone face" to the lifelike character.
Thanks for animater work, tiny wood elf girl became really cute !
(Don't you think so....?)
Most of character gesture in this game is really excellent. I could feel characters
just like actually standing in front of me.My favorite motion is fire bean-bag play.
Sometime Wizard npc do this motion.

2.Effect(VFX) is really gorgeous.

When I saw sun glare which fly through the actual tree branch form ,I felt real TES world.

Especially, fire (ex.combat ability) is most gorgeous effect I have ever seen.
Dragon knight regeneration skill is also intersting.I was impressed with the idea heart beating in the black translucent body.

3.Armor and cloth equipment model design

Last year, I did setup work tons of fantasy taste armor and cloth equipment model.
But,its display culling system is too complex , and polygon total count is too big. I thought,It doesn't fit for online resource shortage.
ESO armor and cloth is made from very limited parts. And,each parts made from
very limited polygon count.But it looks like very gorgeous, and has rich variety.
Oh...nice concept design work.

Everyone, Let's post good side of this game which you felt it.

Edited by AvalonRanger on 22 May 2014 23:34
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is little point in singing praises. Apart from giving you a warm, fuzzy glow it accomplishes nothing except a waste of bandwidth.

On the other hand, pointing out very obvious faults and discrepancies, providing it's done in a constructive manner, is useful.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Malvokian
    Malvokian
    ✭✭
    Dragon knight regeneration skill is also intersting.I was impressed with the idea heart beating in the black translucent body.

The first time I saw that was shortly after I became a Vampire. I though it was some benefit of being a vampire, like I could see the life in a person when their health was low. I thought it was so cool. I still think it's cool but now I know what causes it.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    There is little point in singing praises. Apart from giving you a warm, fuzzy glow it accomplishes nothing except a waste of bandwidth.

On the other hand, pointing out very obvious faults and discrepancies, providing it's done in a constructive manner, is useful.

It's the constructive manner that seems to lack in many posts on this board, unfortunately

But to post a good side of ESO:
    http://imgur.com/a/ZsfR7

;)
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only post negatively when I want to be part of a community attempt to get changes made for the general good if the game.

So back to my preferred state, in love with ESO.

The game looks lovely. Despite some inevitable inconsistencies it does a good job of being part of the TES series (explorers pack aside, if you know about that).

The game play is good too, away from the GCD that has been the clockwork power behind the 3rd gen MMO's.

Much less binding than 3rd gen and with loot mechanics that get past the N/G stress factors.

Exploration is fun and meaningful.

The quests are a nice evolution. Yes there are a few Kill X quests but most of those are heavily disguised. The dynamics of the quests and the permanent changes to the environment give Pv a real capital E for the first time ever. Very clever stuff indeed. Most 3rd gen Pve is really PvM Player vs mobs.

Brilliant launch with very little downtime. No queues. No major crashing issues. Yes there have been problems but a lot have been fixed and 1.1.2 shows that they were serious about new content, continual improvement and listening to the community.

It actually feels as though community opinions on the boards are having an impact. The results are not always as expected. This shows that the devs have some clear vision of this game and its evolution.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love ..... carpet..... I love.... desk..... I love..... Lamp.. I Love Lamp!
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something positive about ESO....

Hmmm....

I've played worse.

On a serious note...

Character creator is pretty decent. It's lot better than a lot of MMO's (CoH/Champions Online and DCUO not included).

Graphically it's okay, improved a lot with ENB addons. Even without ENB it's still a lot better than a lot of MMO's ... still, ENB improves it a lot.

• Rammanjeff
    Rammanjeff
    ✭✭
    The only positive thing about ESO I see at the moment is that it will be free to play in a few more months!
    It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. ~ Thomas Sowell
  • Ish_Fingers
    Censorious wrote: »

Compliments and encouragement go a lot further than a constant stream of criticism, albeit this is assuming what is said is read/passed on to the guys & gals who warrant praise.

It can be very disheartening to hear 'your work sucks', 'you're terrible at your job' etc. day-in, day-out. A 'good job!' here and there never hurts. It's important to let people know what you appreciate about their contribution.

Source: People Skills 101.

Similarly, as you rightly said, constructive criticism is also needed to provide the best service. Unfortunately, 90%+ (and that's no exaggeration) of criticism is hurtful and unnecessary, either by the original poster or one of the many flame-fuelled replies.

I like ESO. It's not perfect, but on the whole it's a very good, enjoyable experience. It's more absorbing than other MMO's, with an implication of maturity, and has a nice balance of solo & group content.

Sure, there could be more of the things I like and less of the things I don't but you know what? I'm happy :).
    Edited by Ish_Fingers on 22 May 2014 15:40
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Rammanjeff wrote: »
    The only positive thing about ESO I see at the moment is that it will be free to play in a few more months!

Leading me to have to say.. and how is that positive in the slightest?
    So you don't subscribe? But F2P comes with many cost. No content on a regular basis, no way to really get the things you need to stay viable in game except via a cash shop which always takes more money than a sub does.. For example another game that in order to upgrade your storage requires you to buy a stone from the shop, at 10 bucks a pop...etc etc et al
  • Just_Sam
    Just_Sam
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm...

Good points...

Must be easy to script as bots are rampant in the game.

Must be easy to script as gold selling and SPAM is crazier than any other MMO I've played.

Easy to stop playing at any point for about any reason, so not very addictive.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to accommodate everyone in a nice way but tears self apart. I believe it's controversial on this one. LOL.

Anyways, the game is running neatly on Mac. We all know how Macbooks are not meant for gaming. Ultra graphics runs at 17 FPS, totally playable if you don't mind the frames and just want a nice environment. Medium or Low hits 35-40 FPS. Switching to Low made me realise that this game could be played on Pentium 3 if you choose to. Some may call it gaining extra market, but I find it simply amazing that they care for players with older rigs.

Hand crafted quests. No doubt we run errands like lapdogs, but this vast array of quests, purely hand crafted with distinct story lines is just so tedious if you imagine yourself working for ZOS. Dialogues are top notch, and voice acting is amaze balls. (there are rare exceptions, Valen at one point almost made me choke him then and there in Cold Harbor) On the side note, German dialogues are sexy, why did they remove that? Gives those elementals a nice touch lol, though I did die couple of times not knowing what they were shouting about

The world is huge, but doesn't make me feel tedious. No offence, but one look at GW2 towns and I felt like dying of exhaustion. Cyrodiil is feels like Jurassic Park though.

Community is mostly friendly. Yes, I love you guys. If I wanna continue onto crafting systems, I can already envision my cousin screaming "Calm your ***!" Skill line system and balancing really allows you to do whatever the hell you want most of the time. Allowed me to solo and group as I wish, not sure about you guys.

Player based economy, oh I missed this so much. I wished they didn't lower the charges in guild store and COD, yes I understand the convenience it provides, but it gives me such a rush knowing that I have to haggle, deliver or meet up. It makes it really really personal and lively. Nodes? Don't get me started. It's every-logical-where!

The bots are really annoying, but it makes me laugh.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed snow sliding off the buildings roof and thought that it was a really nice touch of realism. The landscape in all the maps is awesome. Dont get a cookie cutter feel at all. The detail is breath taking. Love the mobs even though they gank and kill me alot! ;p
    Edited by Blade_07 on 22 May 2014 16:06
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”