Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Disintegration

NordJitsu
NordJitsu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Fixed an issue where you could not resurrect another player character that had been disintegrated.

Really?

This was accidental?

I assumed you weren't supposed to be able to resurrect someone who was a pile of ash. And it made Disintegration a fun and useful passive in PvP.

I think you should put the bug back.
@NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • nickster2112b16_ESO
    Yeah it just made sense that you couldn't was shocked to read that it was a bug.
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭
    make tbaging in pvp even funnier...

"wait which side WAS your face"
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    etherin77 wrote: »
    make tbaging in pvp even funnier...

"wait which side WAS your face"
    tbagging in pvp is only funny if you're too young for the ESRB rating.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TeaBagging aside, I'm serious.

Disintegration (and the other ways to disintegrate like the procs from the destro staff or elemental enchants) were useful because you couldn't resurrect them.

It was a low chance and random, but it made these things worth investing in.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought this was intended..
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where you could not resurrect another player character that had been disintegrated.

Really?

This was accidental?

I assumed you weren't supposed to be able to resurrect someone who was a pile of ash. And it made Disintegration a fun and useful passive in PvP.

I think you should put the bug back.
    I kind of agree, what sort of disintegration can be easily undone.
    This is one fix that needs unfixing.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nuksuu
    Nuksuu
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it helps me now to not stop and keep checking if those ash piles are resource nodes...bad eyes.
    @Nuksuu - Werewolf Rights Advocate
    • Ursi Yarsbruk - Nord Night Blade (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    • Ingrid Tralvheim - Nord Templar (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    "There is endless humour in seeing a guy in dress, waving a piece of wood around, skip through the daisies leaving an endless trail of corpses whilst I, encased in protective steel from head to toe, sheltering behind a shield with a pointy metal weapon am beaten into oblivion by three enemies."
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, one good thing that still exists regarding disintegration is that it still crits extremely hard for over 1500 damage.

However, I had assumed that the reason you would want to disintegrate somebody is so that the enemy could not resurrect their body.

Because, it's a pile of ash. You can't resurrect a pile of ash.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Terminus‌

For anyone with an Execute that's kinda useless though. Since Sorcs get both the Disintegration passive and Mages Fury.....its kinda redundant.

Low health targets are already going down to my execute. Why do I need to crit for 1500 when they only have 500 health left?
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I concur, I would like to see the "bug" actually become a feature. The chance of it happening is so remote, it just makes it cooler to have it actually be functionable.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    I concur, I would like to see the "bug" actually become a feature. The chance of it happening is so remote, it just makes it cooler to have it actually be functionable.

Agreed.

Whats its function now?

Just to look cool?
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    I must agree here. Who knew? It did add a new element to the thought of dying.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought this was a feature and actually gave some strategy to equipping lightning staves. This change just makes shock damage even more inferior to frost and fire.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it also made investing in the impenetrable trait useful (you only ash piled on crits).

Poor change/fix. Revert.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Low health targets are already going down to my execute. Why do I need to crit for 1500 when they only have 500 health left?

I know why @NordJutsu,
    It's for when you're fighting a VR20 with 7500 health!
    (1500 is 20%)

In all honesty, I was more upset when some of my guildmates had the ability to resurrect me even when I had been disintegrated. I had assumed THAT was a bug.