Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Raised level cap, or better gear to strive for?

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
All my friends and myself seem to be in the same boat on this topic. We don't want raised level caps... Especially already. We just want better ways to increase effectiveness w/ the current cap. i.e. better gear, different skills, etc.

Another reason is, while I whole heartedly believe there should be a great advantage in PvP when a VR10 is vs. a sub-50 character, by increasing the lvl cap, you're creating a greater gap and further dominance, which will create greater "lowbie" frustrations. (That's just one small reason of MANY why I think raising the level cap, especially so soon, is absolutely ridiculous).
Edited by bg22 on 22 May 2014 05:52

Raised level cap, or better gear to strive for? 40 votes

I want more levels.
35%
Lauraotis67zariaAldruininf.toniceb17_ESOXupacabraZarkazRangerChadKingRebzShintaiDKPBpsyAwayuki67PhoenixWingDreakahr 14 votes
No more levels, I want more earn-able gear and earn-able skills for the current level. (Wider base, not higher peak)
65%
Gwaroklink428DarastixJade_Knightblazerb14_ESOLeijonaJowrikTrenchfootgavinpickeringrwb17_ESOXozahZershar_VemodThatHappyCatNitratasForTheRealmTreksdotbg22czarZabusEnkilUsvartnecroahegyrol 26 votes
  • Trenchfoot
    Trenchfoot
    ✭✭
    No more levels, I want more earn-able gear and earn-able skills for the current level. (Wider base, not higher peak)
    Putting in a decent loot system for VR dungeons so that drops aren't just pure luck of the draw would be a better choice than adding even more levels already. Give people at VR10 to actually get used to it and gear up, whilst giving people still on the road to cap time to get there before the increase.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How about both ? Like it is now.. Just level faster to v10 doing dungeons.. Didnt finish my quests since v6
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    2 nights ago I went through VETERAN Banished Cells. When the run was over my bags were filled to the max that consisted of consumable pots suitable for a level 10-15 players, 2 level 45 "green" frost staffs, level 25 dagger and so many "white'' weapons/gear all level 50 or below. All in all (though) I came out with about 7 green veteran level gear items (mind you I'm a DK) that were all lights (not joking) that I had to trade with another party, who was a Sorc, member that looted heavies. I did manage though to get a hold of one nice (purple) sword (2 levels higher than me :s ) that I couldn't trade to someone that needed it more than I did at the time because it was bound off of 'Twiddle-dee' and 'Twiddle-dum' ("the twin harvesters fight").

Poor RNG looting system is poor.
    Edited by Gwarok on 22 May 2014 06:54
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Both needs to be an option for the poll.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want more levels.
    If it were up to me I would remove level caps entirely.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for the second but I think that question was worded vague. Are you saying you want the gear treadmill? I would much rather weapon levels + damage stop at a certain point but skill levels keep going. As so much of a person's damage/healing is done via skills I would much rather them to be the "treadmill"
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭
    I want more levels.
    The thing is, in the current situation of ESO, gears at the same level have the same stats (armor/max hp increase/ ...) given they are of the same quality (color) and applied the same glyphs. Therefore only way to create new gears are to create new sets.

If they only aim to create new sets, there would be too many sets at VR10, imo. Raising the cap and spreading the sets out might be a better idea.

I agree with you on pvp level gap and about giving us more skills. Skills might need a lot of test in order to implement, so it might be harder to give us than simply raising the level cap, though.
    Phoenixwing (NA): High Elf Aldmeri Dominion Sorcerer who love PvP!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want more levels.
    I agree the loot system should be improved and make more sense, best drops should be dungeon bosses, perhaps move more of the sets to them rather than semi rare drops on enemies in the wild as its now.

However the other option til level caps is the gear treadmill, yes this will require that crafted gear fall behind unless the mats is only boss drops too.

And yes this will be raid an 4 man dungeons only, world bosses is easy to farm with giant groups or bots.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    The loot system is fine, the level system is fine. If the loot gets changed and the level cap changes then this is just world of warcraft with a nicer paint job. The Veteran system will continue to evolve. Im POSITIVE they arent going to just say ok guys were done with vet content now thats it! The points sytem also allows you to easily do 2 maybe 3 jobs with your points, what more could a guy want right :D