Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We need monopoly busts in ESO!!!!

PVT_Parts
PVT_Parts
✭✭✭
I swear these "Tavern Construction LLC" and "Ruined Church Builders United Corporation" have a monopoly on all construction on those types of buildings. It is blatantly obvious that the same construction company builds all the taverns and church ruins in ESO. There must also be an "Abandoned Mine Diggers Union" That can only dig straight and 3 lefts (anymore lefts would be against union policy). They even put that same one way doorway in all their mines.

This blatant monopoly on building construction needs to be stopped. Down with big business! We need antitrusts and small town construction companies. We need the Amish to build the taverns and church ruins. They will get it done fast, for cash, and it will be uniquely hand crafted.

P.S. Where is the central construction company office located in ESO? I need to go there and picket. Maybe it is in the imperial city?
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoL :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

I told you, it is against union policy to dig right or to put in more than 3 left turns.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @PVT_Parts awesome post.

What really gets me is not the same house build over and over. It is the same placement of each table, bag, barrel, chair, etc. inside the house.

They did not even change any of the interiors to a lot of the houses.
    Edited by Blackwidow on 22 May 2014 03:18
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    @PVT_Parts awesome post.

What really gets me is not the same house build over and over. It is the same placement of each table, bag, barrel, chair, etc. inside the house.

They did not even change any of the interiors to a lot of the houses.

In their defense, at a place that had 3 church ruins in a circle, they changed where the fire was on them and the lighting effects to try to trick you into thinking that they were designed differently. But a positive thing about this, clearly they have a game engine that has all the templates in it. They could release that and let people design their own areas/dungeons/zones and then submit them to ZOS for a chance to add them to the game. They could even offer money to the adds that get accepted. They would save money and they would produce content faster than people could play through because of all the people making content.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    In their defense, at a place that had 3 church ruins in a circle, they changed where the fire was on them and the lighting effects to try to trick you into thinking that they were designed differently.

I'm not really sure how that is in there defense. It does not really change my statement. :)
    But a positive thing about this, clearly they have a game engine that has all the templates in it. They could release that and let people design their own areas/dungeons/zones and then submit them to ZOS for a chance to add them to the game. They could even offer money to the adds that get accepted. They would save money and they would produce content faster than people could play through because of all the people making content.

It will never happen. :)
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    In their defense, at a place that had 3 church ruins in a circle, they changed where the fire was on them and the lighting effects to try to trick you into thinking that they were designed differently.

I'm not really sure how that is in there defense. It does not really change my statement. :)
    But a positive thing about this, clearly they have a game engine that has all the templates in it. They could release that and let people design their own areas/dungeons/zones and then submit them to ZOS for a chance to add them to the game. They could even offer money to the adds that get accepted. They would save money and they would produce content faster than people could play through because of all the people making content.

It will never happen. :)

I'm not really sure it is in their defense either. And it could happen, maybe, I'm in denial, which isn't just a river in Egypt.
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial standardization, based on Aylied principles. If all mines in the empire are the same design, then new workers and foremen won't get lost, and know where the escape route is.

Same for churches so a priest, new or visiting knows the place like his spiritual harmonic home!