Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding a mic system

amoth1
amoth1
Soul Shriven
I was thinking, a microphone system to talk would be greatly used in game.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really wouldn't. People that want to use voice chat will use a third party program because they're always superior to the ones built into the game that are always poorly made and rarely used. They don't need to waste any time developing such a system that would only be utilized by a fraction of the player base.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on 21 May 2014 05:17
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't expect it, seems like they've left half of the games development in the hands of add on authors, why would they add a system that is already in place via 3rd parties?

just a random thought while typing this, consoles wont have add ons.. sigh
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    tanthil wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect it, seems like they've left half of the games development in the hands of add on authors, why would they add a system that is already in place via 3rd parties?

just a random thought while typing this, consoles wont have add ons.. sigh

And thank ZOS for that, so great to have independent developers to make utilities and UI elements for us for free, and if something is bugged, it gets fixed fast, not next month or not that even.
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    The third party programs can be used whether or not you are logged in to ESO. I know quite a few people who will log into those whether or not they are playing. Leave the voice chat to the outside folks and let the ESO devs work on more important stuff that doesn't have a third party option.
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they'd add positional audio support for Mumble.
    Edited by SkorosMindkiller on 21 May 2014 07:06
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer in game voice because it simplifies casual grouping. No need to have downloaded up to three different voice programs, load whatever server the grouping i'm running with is using.

I would very much like to see this feature added to the game.
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who likes both voice chat and pugs, built in voice is handy.
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people say third party software is better, but it's just not the same as walking into random areas and talking to random people who possibly become friends. Third party programs require that you establish a relationship with people first, and that's not very interesting to the casual player. Public proximity chat, and private channels for friends built in game would really make it much easier to meet people to play with.
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know how that would work in a megaservers. Like if you push a mic button, would the people close to you in the zone hear it. Would it be same as /say.
    I would actually absolutely hate to have some random yapping in my headset while playing so I would not want a ingame voice system at all, unless you could turn it off :P I never liked public/big voice servers anyways, it's so hectic and loud in those. Way better to just stay in the guild's TS to talk bullcrap with friends while playing.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade