Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar having problem with Elite Archers

thorheim
thorheim
Hello, Im a V5 templar with resto staff and bow. All the mobs I've encountered, no problem. But some archer elite mobs are just...

Their damage output my heals, my damage is not enough and even though I went overcharged armour and health, it was still not enough.

I got full crafting on all the armours and am an enchanter.

What the hell do I do?
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only level 44, so I'd rather not darken my dreams with tales of V5 mobs.

Have you tried getting in their face? Range mobs usually don't like that, especially when you melee interrupt their specials.

I suppose with the Restoration staff out, you can restore your power good with the heavy attack, and get a nice HoT tick from Regeneration, but you'll be lacking an interrupt for their specials. With the bow, I understand you'll have an interrupt, but your heal will be limited to Honour the Dead and maybe the Mage Guild skill Entropy.

I have sword/shield and restoration staff as primary/secondary weapons. The restoration staff gives me a ranged option for mobs you absolutely cannot be going melee with. I generally take Regeneration, Honour the Dead, Entropy, Silver Bolts (have an outlet for that stamina) and then usually Repentance, though I could swap in Vampire's Bane instead. With the staff on instead of the bow that means you're planning to outlast opponents, so these nice efficient HoTs and DoTs seem the way to go.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get up to them and use Biting Jabs
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Bow/Templar and I have trouble with Veteran archers in general. Elites or not, they always give me trouble if there's more than one of them. I have abilities to CC single and small groups but for some reason if there are two archers in one small group, they're incredibly more difficult than usual.

I don't know if this is ranged Templars only. Wish there was a way to dodge those arrows more either way.