Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars can solo packs of elites/cyrodiil resources and have constant 100% dodge/be invincible

monkeymystic
monkeymystic
✭✭✭✭✭
Zenimax, please fix it so these following abilities does not stack together.

Have you heard of the Templar ability “blinding light” that gives 50% miss rating for enemies in a 5 radius?
As a templar with Destro staff and light armor, magicka cost reductions and Elemental Drain, magicka isn’t an issue, so you can keep this up nonstop..Especially in a Destro/dual-wield build like this where you change between spending stamina and magicka:

This is something that works on soloing large packs of mobs/elites:

As a Templar If I combine Blinding Light with the “Evasion” ability from medium armor (20 sec duration), enemies suddenly miss 65%.

Further, as a Templar you can get past 100% miss with the dual-wield ability “Ember Explosion”, making mobs/elites unable to hit you completely.
Both the Blinding Light morph and Ember Explosion deals AoE damage as well.

Afraid of spells from range? As a Templar I can use the Templar ability “Unstable Core” as well, which reflects spells and also deals AoE damage…

Zenimax, please fix it so these abilities does not stack together.
Edited by monkeymystic on 21 May 2014 01:52
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    theory craft? as using blinding light on packs of 4k vet mobs is all very nice, but you will run out of power trying to kill them too and is flawed vs mixed melee and range.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theory craft? as using blinding light on packs of 4k vet mobs is all very nice, but you will run out of power trying to kill them too and is flawed vs mixed melee and range.

This is working and tested. You use unstable core against range spells/bow missiles.
    Elemental drain helps with magicka concerns (same with cost reductions, light armor passives).
    Edited by monkeymystic on 21 May 2014 01:30
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im interested in seeing this working actually.

Do please make a video.

This is working and tested. You use unstable core against range spells/bow missiles.
    Elemental drain helps with magicka concerns (same with cost reductions, light armor passives).

That is weird , i use unstable core all the time , quite sure it is not meant to stop bow shots.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do please make a video.

That is weird , i use unstable core all the time , quite sure it is not meant to stop bow shots.

I've never noticed it either but it would make sense since it seems DKs spell reflect also reflects bows.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zenimax, please fix it so these following abilities does not stack together.

Have you heard of the Templar ability “blinding light” that gives 50% miss rating for enemies in a 5 radius?
    As a templar with Destro staff and light armor, magicka cost reductions and Elemental Drain, magicka isn’t an issue, so you can keep this up nonstop..Especially in a Destro/dual-wield build like this where you change between spending stamina and magicka:

This is something that works on soloing large packs of mobs/elites:

As a Templar If you combine Blinding Light with the “Evasion” ability from medium armor (20 sec duration), enemies suddenly miss 65%.

Further, as a Templar you can get past 100% miss with the dual-wield ability “Ember Explosion”, making mobs/elites unable to hit you completely.
    Both the Blinding Light morph and Ember Explosion deals AoE damage as well.

Afraid of spells from range? As a Templar you use the Templar ability “Unstable Core” as well, which reflects spells and also deals AoE damage…

Zenimax, please fix it so these abilities does not stack together.

Hello DK.

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do please make a video.

I've never noticed it either but it would make sense since it seems DKs spell reflect also reflects bows.

true , this i can test without problems , just need to find an archer , cant be that hard.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The miss chances won't stack either but rather work as seprate rolls for same attack, and will it work on cc immune... (used blind+ biting jabs for a while with modest success) unstable core only good for direct magic, so vs aoe or weapon range its not effective, and the blind/miss is largely melee range
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do please make a video.

true , this i can test without problems , just need to find an archer , cant be that hard.

just tested.

The shots will hit you , so nope , unstable core wont save you from bows.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The miss chances won't stack either but rather work as seprate rolls for same attack, and will it work on cc immune... (used blind+ biting jabs for a while with modest success) unstable core only good for direct magic, so vs aoe or weapon range its not effective, and the blind/miss is largely melee range

You can easily move away from AoE with this build.

As a Templar, I have managed to solo resources effectively in cyrodiil with this build
    Edited by monkeymystic on 21 May 2014 01:45
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do please make a video.

just tested.

The shots will hit you , so nope , unstable core wont save you from bows.

This makes me sad. I almost felt super cool!
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the archers, many of the abilities of archer mobs gets reflected.

This combo is more interesting in terms of cyrodiil resources however, which has melee + casters only
    Edited by monkeymystic on 21 May 2014 01:48
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Say a mob has with stats a chance to miss 20% of the time. All an increase of 50% does to that is make the chance 30%. An increase of 50% of 20% is 10%.

The chances aren't additive. There is no way to get 100% miss, except for the very specific ability that makes a target miss its next MELEE attacks. Not abilities, not AOEs. Just standard melee attacks.

Sorry the end of the world the OP is trying to create with the claims, just aren't true.
  • NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    DKs can take supply structures in Cyrodiil naked. Nothing new here.
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Say a mob has with stats a chance to miss 20% of the time. All an increase of 50% does to that is make the chance 30%. An increase of 50% of 20% is 10%.

The chances aren't additive. There is no way to get 100% miss, except for the very specific ability that makes a target miss its next MELEE attacks. Not abilities, not AOEs. Just standard melee attacks.

Sorry the end of the world the OP is trying to create with the claims, just aren't true.

Every form of increase on percentage adds as an addition and not a multiplication.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NekOnOkO wrote: »
    vamp DKs can take supply structures in Cyrodiil naked. Nothing new here.

fix't
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hearts wrote: »

Every form of increase on percentage adds as an addition and not a multiplication.

Testing shows that is absolutely false. It depends completely on the text.

Edited by cliveklgb14_ESO on 21 May 2014 06:07